[𝟑𝟖] 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝐍𝐘𝐂!

The rooms were empty and everything felt weird, the entire apartment now had a weird vibe. You could still remember the day you moved in like it was yesterday, as your eyes panned around the room different memories popped into your head.

It had been a month since you agreed to move in with Eren and at the beginning he was a bit cautious and was ready for you to back out but as the weeks went on the more excited he got because this was actually happening.

This...

Was...

Happening...

Your mind and heart were constantly battling with each other because you wasn't sure whether you wanted to do this or not but what else were you supposed to do? stay in New York alone and potentially relapse again or move to LA and have a fresh start.

In a few hours you will be on a flight to LA and you won't step foot in this apartment again for a while or maybe ever again.

You were never sure of what the future would hold and that scared you but you couldn't keep missing out on opportunities because you were scared.

You were all set to go but there was one thing that you needed to open.

Your fathers present...

You grabbed the 3 large presents and pulled them towards you as you sat your body on the floor. Your eyes closed for a moment and you suck a deep breath in before opening the card which rested on top of the presents.

You pulled the card out of the envelope and it was a customised card with a photo of you, your dad and Elijah in front of the Christmas tree. Your eyes paused on the image for a moment before opening it up to read the writing inside.

To (y/n)

Merry Christmas sweetheart,
I know Christmas is hard for you and the one thing you want i can't give you because i can't bring Elijah back but i can bring back and show you some of his memories.

Enjoy your week with Eren and i'll see you in the New Year, love you loads

Dad

You were extremely confused as to what he meant by bringing back and showing you Elijah's memories so you closed the card and placed it to one side and then grabbed one of the boxes and started to unwrap them.

It was just a plain blue box so before you opened it you unwrapped the other two and they were just plain coloured boxes. For some reason you could feel your heart beating more and more as your hands rested on the lid of the box.

You pulled off the top and looked inside.

Your eyes immediately started to water as you then pulled off the other lids, even though you were crying your lips curved into a smile as you picked up the different photos.

Your dad had gotten all of the photos that Elijah had ever took printed off and he filled each of the boxes with all the photos, Elijah and his camera were glued together and each month he went through some many different rolls of film and back then your parents weren't able to afford to get all of them printed off but after his death they were just kept in a box.