Chapter 23

~ 5 Years Ago ~

Frey and Erick walked through the Seattle forest talking to each other quietly about random things when a scream rose from the darkness of the near silent forst, Frey jumped and chased after her father who took off running towards the scream. "No please" the girl cried her left hand holding the large Alpha while her right hand clutched her heavily bleeding side "HELP!" the girl cried out again, her hold weakening on the wolfs throat.

Erick tackled the alpha and half turned wolf himself to show he was more powerful then it was, the other wolf growled at Erick and snapped its jaws in retaliation which cause Erick to smirk "Leave before I kill you" Erick said standing to his full 6' 5' height, he growled menacingly at the alpha who's red eyes trailed on Frey who was helping the girl stop bleeding "you are in my territory, if you don't leave I'll rip you to shreds" Erick took a step towards the Alpha and grinned as the wolf stumbled back and ran off with a slight yelp. Turning to Frey who was crouched protectively over the girl, electronic blue eyes trailed where the Alpha had disapeared "Frey calm yourself before you hurt her" his stern words shocked Frey back into reality and she pressed her hand on to the girls side.

"She's been bitten" twelve year old Frey mumured, she spoke words no young wolf should know, not many at Frey's age knew how humans were turned to wolf, all they were told at her age was to keep their mouths shut and not tell anyone about what they were. But of cause Frey wasn't like others her age she knew to much as it is and even now she held the humans hand with unflinching tenderness that it almost broke Erick's heart to see how quickly his little girl was growling up.

"She will turn" he spoke with such sureness that he didn't quite know where it came from, bending down he scooped the girl into his arms and began to walk back the way they had come, back to where his mate and new baby son we waiting patiently for them.

Rika rushed out of the house as soon as she smelt Erick and Frey close and when she saw the human girl in the arms of the man, she gave her humanity to, she knew it was bad "take her to the guest room"

~ Present ~

Drew stood in front of me and smiled mischievously "Miss me?" she giggled moving her ginger hair out of her eyes, her hands cland in knited grey fingerless gloves, grey Hufflepuff knitted sweater, black combat boots with dark washed skinny jeans tucked into them, she turned to my mother and smiled "Rika, it's been a while"

"Yes, Drew five or six months" mum mumbled smiled kindly back at Drew and stood from her seat, walking until she stood infront of Drew she pulled her into her arms and hugged her tightly "My other baby" mum pulled back and but not before kissing both of Drew's cheeks.

Drew's laugh sounded rougher then I remembered "if that" she smiled glancing at me with eyes glimering with amusement at my frozen form, she then glanced behind me and smiled at Finn who was still clutching the back of my shirt "hey there Finn, you remember me?" she went down to his level and tilted her head to the side making her Deathly Hallows shaped earings press into her cheek.

Finn looked at me for help "Yes" he mumbled before moving to were mum was standing.

quickly moving forwards I grabbed Drew's arm and dragged her up to my room so I could question her, pushing her through the door way I closed my door and turned to glare at her "Why are you here?" I asked with a stone cold face and empty voice, six months had past and she hadn't contacted me, she just vanished one day in october and didn't both to call to me, didn't bother to message me, after everything I did for her, helping her though the transition of becoming a wolf to taking her into my family and treating her like she was my sister, she just up and vanished without saying goodbye.

"You really think I wouldn't find you Little Wolf?" she strode over to my bedside table and picked up the picture that sat there, the picture of the two of us eight days before we left to move here, I flinched at the nickname that was chosen for me by our old pack.

"I was kind of hoping you'd call and I'd ingnore it" I said grabbing the picture out of her hand and putting it back where it sat, I then looked at her and grinned "I've missed you Hound" I pulled her into a bone crushing hug and laughed when her arms wrapped around me.

"Missed you too Little Wolf" she mumbled into my hair with a giggle, she pulled away and winked at me "you smelled like a male wolf" she said crunching her nose up at Derek's scent.

"There might be one or two male wolves I've come in conact with" a secret smile spread across my face.

"Riight" she said "so why are you smiling like that then?" Drew smirked and sat on my bed "I've only seen that look on your face when you met Deacon Hade, whose name I'm pretty sure is fake" she rubbed her fingers over her chin and smirked "So whats his name?"

"His name is Derek and he is off limits to you, missy" I shook my finger in her face and smirked as she tried to bite it.

She laughed "like I'd have to try" she winked and stood up pushing me away from my bed and made her way out of my room but not before turning back to me "Oh and by the way I'm enrolled at same school as you" She winked "later Little Wolf"

I sighed and sat on my bed "Hey" Derek's voice came from behind me he came to stand infront of me and kneeled down so he could look into my eyes "you okay?" he ran his fingers through my hair and placed his palm onto my cheek, I leaned my face into his palm and sighed again.

"Yeah I should be" I hoped.

________________________________

Happy Friday guys :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, have a great day :)

~~ Katt xx