Chapter 25 (Episode 6 Part 5)

I watched as Coach leaned towards Scott's desk and peered at him through narrowed eyes, he looked ready to pop the vein that was pulsing on his forehead. "Did you do the reading or not?" he asked in a clam voice, really it spoke wonders about his control, if I were him I would've smacked Scott in the back of the head with a text book.

Scoot looked down at his fingers and began to play with them "Uh - I think I forgot."

"Nice work, McCall. It's not like you're not averaging a "D" in this class." Coach stepped forward enough so he was now leaning on Dwayne's desk, who sat in the front row next to Greenberg "Come on, buddy. You know I can't keep you on the team if you have a "D." How about you summarize, uh, the previous night's reading?" A beeping sound reached my ears and I glanced over my shoulder at Stiles who was looking at Coach's phone, Scott's heart rate must be raising. "No? How about the, uh, the night before that? How about you summarize anything you've ever read - In your entire life?" the beeping got quicker and slightly louder, but Coach seemed oblivious to it, Scott looked at me for help but once my panicked eyes meet his he knew I was going to be no help, sighing he looked forward.

"I - I, uh -"

"No? A blog? How about, uh, how about, uh, the back of a cereal box? No? How about the adults only warning from your favorite website you visit every night? Anything?" he paused for a second waited for Scott to answer but when Scott just shook his head Coach got mad. He turned his back to us and slammed his hand on his desk "Thank you, McCall, thank you. Thank you, McCall! Thank you for extinguishing any last flicker of hope I have for your generation. You just blew it for everybody. Thanks. Next practice you can start with suicide runs. Unless that's too much reading." my ears pricked up with the beeping slowed down to its normal rate and I looked at Scott, whose hand was being held by Allisons, guess we just found Scott's ancher "All right. Everybody else, settle down."

*After Class*

As I packed my texts books up my phone beep stopping Stiles for his little rant about he was right about something Coach had asked us in class, I stopped what I was doing and glanced at the screen, Drew had done her vanishing act once again and I knew she'd be ringing me to come get her from either a stoners house or from her ex's house which was states away from us, luckily for Drew and I it wasn't her it was Derek saying he was outside waiting for me.

"Hey Stiles as much as I love being ranted at I have to go" I tried to scoop the rest of my books into my bag but Scott stopped me.

"Why do you have to go?" he asked glancing at my phone that I had clutched in my hand with so much force I might've broke it if it wasn't a Nokia.

"My friend just moved into town and she needs help to move in to my house, I promised that I would"

"Oh" Scott paused rubbing his hand on the back of his neck "okay see you later?"

"yeah definatly" I mumbled grabbing the rest of my stuff I all but sprinted out of the classroom, wanting to get away from them before they continued to ask questions, like why was Drew here in the first place. I walked out of the School and all but glanced at where my car would've been parked if Derek hadn't kidnapped me this morning, I then truned my back on the empty space and headed to the far end of the parking lot where Derek was waiting patiently for me.

"Hey" he said wrapping his arms around my waist, before buring his head into the crook of my neck, he'd gotten more cuddly since my brush with Death, and more impatient with Scott and with Drew who pounced on him when he came over my house in the middle of the night.

"Hey" I mumbled back breathing in his scent of pine, sandlewood and the crashing bite of the ocean that were all mixed into the best scent I'd ever smelt "Where are we going?" I asked pulling away for him with an inward sigh.