Chapter 7 (Episode 2 part 3)

I stood next to Scott as he rummaged around in his school bag he was currently mumbling to himself as he was trying to find his chemisty book.

"Why do you have to come in with me? I mean I am a big boy I can tell Coach I'm not playing by myself I don't need a babysitter" Scott grumbled while peeking up at me through his eyelashes.

"Scott, I'm sure you're big enough to go in on your own as well, but I made a promise to Derek that I would go in there with you to make sure you actually tell him you can't play" I said back with a smirk I knew he didn't like the idea of me working ith Derek but hey I only knew Scott for a short amount of time.

"Why are you working with him" he hissed "He's the one that did this to me... to us" his eyes flashed yellow and I rolled mine.

"Scotty how many times do I have to remind you that I was born a Werewolf not bitten like you and my mother" I said quietly so only Scott could hear me.

"People choose to be this?" he asked with wide eyes as we began to make our way down the corridor to the boy locker room and Coaches office.

"It's not uncommon, some people aren't happy with the cards they're dealt and find a way to get turned... usually they get stuck back in their old life but more often than not they start a fresh"

"Like your parents?" he asked quietly as I dodged a guy who was getting a little too handsy with a girl.

"No mum was happy with what she had but when she met dad she realised that she couldn't walk the line between both worlds so she chose to be with him and start a family" I smiled at the memories of my ex Alpha telling the rest of the young pups in my old pack about the Romeo and Juilet type lovers that were my parents.

Scott shook his head and opened the locker room door "It's too high a price if you ask me" he mumbled with his head down.

"Good thing I didn't ask you then, hey wolf boy" I said with a smirk. We walked to Coaches office door and knocked loudly because the team was already in the change rooms getting ready to go home.

"Come in" Coach said loud enough to be heard through out the nosiey locker room.

"Hey coach" I said grinning as I strode into his office with Scott in tow.

"Parker, McCall what can I do for you?" Coach asked sweetly as I leaned against the wall closest to the door, Always have an escape route that was one of my rules.

"Coach, I can't play in the game tomorrow night" Scott wheezed out looking like someone had shoved a lemon down his throat.

"What do you mean, you can't play the game tomorrow night?" Coach said his voice getting close to a yell.

"I mean - I can't play the game tomorrow night." Scott wheezed again.

"You can't wait to play the game tomorrow night." Coach said trying to make sense of what Scott was telling him, he really took this to heart.

"No, coach, I can't play the game tomorrow night." Scott said slower

"I'm not following." Coach looked over at me and I shrugged and mouthed Issues to him.

"I'm having some personal issues." Scott said glancing at me with worried eyes then back at Coach, did he really think I'd kill Coach if he said something wrong, I had to be reading him wrong because I would never hurt Coach he was my favourite teacher, he was Sassy and Sarcastic in the best ways.

"Is it a girl?" Coach glanced at me again and I rolled my eyes.

"No." Scott and I answered together.

"Is it a guy? You know, our goalie Danny is gay." I laughed slightly, that would be the best plot twist if Scott liked Danny but sadly he had to be straight.

"Yeah, I know, coach, but that's not it." Scott shook his head in disbelief.

"You don't think Danny's a - good - lookin' guy?" Coach asked with a raised eye brow, making me laugh harder.

"I - think he's good - looking. I - but I - I like girls. And that's not it, anyway! I - I -" Scott studdered though his sentence.

"What, is it drugs? Are you doing meth? Because I had a brother that was addicted to meth. You should have seen what it did to his teeth - They were all cracked and rotted. It was - it was disgusting." Coach closed his eyes and shook his head.

"My - God. What happened to him?" I asked in all seriousness, I was a little freaked out by this luckily I wasn't human so doing drugs and smoking wouldn't really harm me.

"He got veneers." he said to me and looked back at Scott "Is - is that what this is about? Are you afraid of getting hurt, McCall?"

"No - I'm - Having some issues dealing with aggression." He asnwered Well that's putting it lightly I thought scarcasticly but I guess he can't say 'Well Coach you see I'm a werewolf and if I get to worked up I'll end up killing someone'

"Well, here's the good news. That's why you play lacrosse. Problem solved." Coach stood up walked around his desk before patting Scott on the back and pushing him lightly out of his office.

"Coach, I can't play the game tomorrow night." Scott tried again

"Listen, McCall, part of playing first line is taking on the responsibility of being first line. Now, if you can't shoulder that responsibility, then you're back on the bench until you're ready."

"If I don't play the game, you're taking me off first line?"

"McCall, play the game." Coach closed his office door in our faces and I turned to Scott.

"Well that was preductive" I said and walked away leaving him to stew in his own thoughts.

~ Sometime later~

I parked my car outside Derek's burnt down house and made my way inside only to be pushed up against the wall.

"I thought I told you to call before coming over here" he growled at me with electronic blue eyes.

"Yeah well I would call you if you picked up your phone every once in a while" I gapsed when he removed his hand from my throat, rubbing the hurt away I spoke again "Scott tried to get out of the game tomorrow night but Coach won't let him"

"Damn it" Derek growled slamming his fist into the wood that was rather close to my head.

"Okay, punch the walls all you want just don't do it near me" I was about to move away from him when he placed both hands either side of my head and buried his face into my neck. "He makes you cranky I get it, he doesn't understand the danger of this situation yet" I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and held him close to me as he breathed in my scent.

"I don't think he'll ever understand" he mumbled.

"Well, we'll make sure he understands the gravity of this" I listened to the crunch of bike tyres on the ground and moved away from Derek. "Scott's here" I whispered.

"Derek! Derek!" I heard Scott yell from outside Derek moved away from me to go see what Scott was yelling about and when he showed up on the porch Scott began yelling again "Stay away from her! She doesn't know anything!"

Derek walked down the steps and towards him "Yeah? What if she does? You think your little buddy Stiles can just google werewolves, and now you got all the answers, is that it? You don't get it yet, Scott, but I'm looking out for you." 

I chose that moment to walk out of the house and speak up if Scott wasn't going to listen to Derek I'd make him listen to me "Think about what could happen. You're out on the field. The aggression takes over. And you shift in front of everyone. Your mom, all your friends. And when they see you - everything falls apart." Scott's eyes went wide as he stared at me in confusion. Derek motioned for me to follow him and we walked back into the house, I waited until Scott left to talk.

"I'll keep an eye on him" i mumbled before he kissed me.

________________________________________________