Chapter 34

I crossed my arms and stared dispassionately at the clock on the wall, an hour, thats how long my old Alpha had made me wait, Drew sat beside me causally picking at her nails and sighing every few minutes. it'd been 12 hours since Derek had seen me off, 12 gruelling hours since I socked Scott in the chest for being a whiny bitch and 12 hours since Stiles had hugged me tightly and promised to smack Jackson in the back of the head for me. My glare intensified on the clock, if I glared any harder I'd either melt the clock or have an aneurysm, finally the office door swung open and the pulp form of Peter squeezed through the doorway.

"Sorry to keep you waiting" he mumbled gruffly as he flopped down into his desk chair, clearly someone hadn't taken my advice and laid off the Krispy Kreames.

"You're not but we'll get right down to it shall we?" I asked as he poured himself a bourbon and gulped the entirety of the glass before pouring another glass.

"Always went for the throat of things" he smiled, his cheeks stained pink because of the alcohol "even when you were a kid" he gulped down another two glasses before smirking "your father sent you here because he thought a low level Alpha had gotten to you, your mother thinks its stress related"

"So tell me something I don't know" i said back with so much sarcasm dripping from each words Drew could've reached out and touched it.

"I don't think its to do with that at all" he leaned back sightly and smirked "i think its because you've met your Mate and you haven't got the balls to seal the deal" his smirk broadened when I rolled my eyes "I told that idiotic father of yours that this would happen" he shook his head and glanced at the clock that I had been glaring at "I'll get Lauren to find you somewhere to stay for a few days, until then go see if that dumbass Trick can't keep you entertained" he waved us off, walking out of his office and down the hidden flight of stairs, that lead to Trick's crapstastic bar, we were greeted with serval hollers and whistles from our old pack mates.

"Well well look what the Alpha dragged in" Trick said with a smile, her hair had changed from blonde to dark plum since I'd last seen her "What would the troublemakers like to drink, its on the house of cause" she poured out two beers and winked at us.

"Thanks Trick" I said as Drew downed her beer in two seconds.

"Incoming ex, four o'clock" she mumbled grabbing my drink she gulped it down and stalked away from me, pushing past my ex Michael she growled at anyone who made her stop.

"Hey there good lookin'" Michael said with a wink and a smirk, a lot of the girls in the bar, that were either hanging on to other pack members like vines or Swaying sluttily to the folk music that was playing, glared at me as I stood and shrugged past him with mild indifference, see we used to be really good friends until a few years ago when we started to date then a years or so ago I saw him having sex with another girl, not exactly the best way to find out your boyfriend was cheating on you. "What did I say?" he mumbled probably asking Trick who let out a harsh laugh.

"Hey look who I found" Drew called from the deepest darkest corner of the bar, where she sat next to Brand.

"Sup slut" Brand grinned from underneath his floppy platinum blonde hair, he kicked out the crappy wooden chair across from him and gestured for me to sit down.

"Who let you in here Homo?" I asked with a grin, this was normal for us, we always insulted each other no matter who was around us.

"Trick seems to me she's letting in all manner of creepy and criminals" he said winking at Drew who was now draining his drink.

She took the glass away from her lips long enough to growl back at him "Oi how many times have I told you, it's not criminal, its evil genius"

"Clearly not enough times" I mumbled with a roll of my eyes, my phone buzzed in my pocket and I glanced at it for a second, 10 messages from Stiles, 13 messages from Scott, 5 from Derek, 2 from Danny and one from an unknown number. tapping on the last one I laughed as I read the snide text from Jackson, warning me if Stiles or Scott ever smacked him on my orders again he'll have me skinned alive.

"Why are you laughing?" Drew asked slamming the now empty glass onto the table top.

"Just something that happened with Jackson" I answered laughing a little harder.

"So Stiles followed through with your request then?" Drew asked and laughed at my nod.

"Who's this Stiles and what request?" Brand questioned grabbing 6 beers off of a passing waitress' tray when she turned to take another persons order, a shout came from the front of the bar and Brand smirked he knew Trick saw what he did.

"A friend of mine, I asked him to smack this asshole in the back of the head when I left Beacon Hills" I said, I never thought I'd miss the small town life that I had in Beacon Hills, mostly because of the people I had met.

"Of cause you did" Trick said as she walked up, her eyes going straight to the beers her son had pilfered from the waitress who hadn't noticed "you want something to eat?" She asked casually smacking Brand on the top of his head with her tray "oh I'm sorry" she said sarcastically as he rubbed the small hurt.

"Pancakes please" I smiled as Trick took my order and laughed knowing exactly what I wanted.

"I'll have a burger" Brand grumbled as Trick smacked him again with her notepad this time.

"I'll have the same as the dumbass" Drew said with a laugh.

"Okay" Trick said before looking right at Brand who took a gulp of the beer "that's coming out of you paycheque young man" she glared at him causing him to shrink behind Drew.

Yep didn't miss these guys at all.