Chapter 28 (Episode 7 Part 2)

Lydia gripped the glass beaker that held the mixed chemicals she swirled it around a couple of times and turned to Jackson who was standing next to her "Jackson can you hand me the sulphuric acid?" Jackson looked at all the bottles that sat on the table top and grabbed one of them without even looking at the label, no wonder he's not passing Chem.

"Is this going to work?" I asked as she poured the acid into the beaker, she looked up from what she was doing and gave me a funny look.

"Yes it will" she said putting a stopper in the beaker she then handed it to Scott as we both made our way out of the class.

Allison jumped in our way before Scott could unlock the door "No. No, this is insane, you can't do this. You cannot go out there." she tried to blink away the tears in her eyes.

Scott gestured to Stiles who was twitching behind me "We can't just sit here waiting for Stiles' dad to check his messages." he tried to step around her but she put her hand on his chest

"You could die. Don't you get that? He's killed three people." she then looked at me "you could get Frey killed" she squeaked out and blinked her eyes again trying to clear them.

"And we're next. Somebody has to do something." he gestured to me who was bouncing one foot to another itching to get out of this classroom.

"Scott, just stop. Do you remember - do you remember when you told me you knew whether or lying? That I had a tell. Well, so do you. You're a horrible liar. And you've been lying all night. Just - just please - please don't go. Please don't leave us. Please" her tears were now running down her face and her, she grabbed Scott's hand and held it tightly.

Scott pulled away from her and moved passed her "Lock it behind us" he mumbled as we both walked out of the door, I closed it behind us and followed Scott down the darkened hallway.

"You might not make it back" I said quietly while I walked beside Scott whose eyes were inspecting each shadow "I know I won't, but who know maybe you will"

"Why are you so sure that the Alpha will kill you and not me, I mean I am the one who keeps turning down his offers to you his pack" Scott spared me a glance to the side as we made our way down the stairs.

"Because I'm part of a rival pack, wolf packs can't exist together, not useless they have blood involved in the other pack"

"How do we know the Alpha isn't your dad?" Scott said stopping in tracks he stared at me with wide eyes.

"Because my father doesn't have one diabolical bone is his body, not to mention he wouldn't be able to keep that be a secret from me or my mother for that matter" I crossed my arms and stared at Scott daring him to say anything else about my dad.

"Oh" he rubbed the back of his neck and shot me a nervous smile "I guess your mum keeps him from going insane, like the Alpha huh?"

"You could say that, I mean he did kill several wolves in our old pack for just looking at her but he's never gone off the deep end like this Alpha has" I kicked the toe of my shoe into the concrete floor of the hall.

"How'd he become an Alpha?" he asked resuming his slow creep that a crawling child could keep up with.

"He killed a rival Alpha in a pack war a few years ago" I mumbled, that was a dark time for my family, I almost lost both parents and myself that year.

"Oh" he laughed quietly and sniffed the air "do you smell that?" He stopped at the door of the gym, where the smell of blood was coming from.

"The janitor" I mumbled pushing open the gym doors we quietly made our way in.

"You keep an eye out for the Alpha I'll look for the keys" he said as he made his way to the bleachers that where set up from the school assembly that happened yesterday afternoon.

Scott walked behind the bleachers as I looked around the Gym with weary eyes. I couldn't see the Alpha but I could sense that he was close. Before you could say 'Son of a bitch' the bleachers began to fold away with Scott still under them, I ran to the side Scott would be coming out of and peered under to see him grab the keys off the dead janitor and bolt towards me with wild eyes.

Pulling him out of the way before the bleachers could squish him I turned towards the Alpha who had just made himself known "dude we should stop meeting like this, people will start talking" I smirked as Scott shakily threw the beaker at the Alpha only to have it fall short and break in front of it.

"That was supposed to work" Scott mumbled while the Alpha charged at us.

"Move" I shouted pushing Scott out of the way as the Alpha tried to jump him, slashing the Alphas stomach I growled and swung my leg around to round house kick it in the face. It grabbed my leg and shoved it claws into my chest, its nails scrapping against my heart, the Alpha let out a demonic laugh before dropping me on the floor to black out completely.

*Some hours later*

"Frey wake up" the order ripped through the inky blackness that held me as tightly as a mother might with a newborn child "Frey I will not tell you twice" the voice warned.

"Maybe we should put her hand in warm water" another voice spoke a smile it was clear whose voice that was no one else would try to make me piss myself when I was unconscious.

"We are not doing that" another voice joined in.

"If you chicken keep clucking I may have to cut your heads off" I groaned out, moving my hand to my chest I whimpered when my fingers met the wad of bandages that were practically holding my chest together. I sat up slowly and gasped as pain raced through my chest.

"Take it easy" Scott mumbled putting his hand on my arm as Stiles and Drew sat back with worried expressions on their faces.

"Where's Derek?" I asked looking around my bedroom, he should be here, he would be pacing my room with his forehead wrinkled but as I looked around the familiar room I didn't see him.

"The Alpha had the jump on him" Stiles said quietly he watched me with worried eyes.

"He's dead" Drew said loudly she then scoffed at the stunned faces Scott and Stiles wore "what don't skirt the bad news" she shrugged and stood up "I'm going to tell your parents your awake" she made her way out of the door and smirked at us as she left.

"What does she mean he's dead" I asked my fear rising its ugly head. I needed to find Derek!