Chapter 35 (episode 10 part 1)

The beeping of my phone cut across the quiet, still night. rolling over to answer it I was monetarily blinded by the white light that illuminated Trick's guest bedroom, sighed I squinted at the screen and a tired smile spread across my lips when I read who was calling me 7 at night.

"Derek" I mumbled quietly so I didn't wake up Drew who was passed out next to me.

"Not quite" a voice came through the phone that didn't belong to Derek.

"Who are you and where's Derek" I all but growled, my uneasiness rose to form a boulder in my stomach.

"He's preoccupied at the moment" the mans voice cut "I always did enjoy it when you came to visit when you were younger, Dearest Sigrid" I could almost see the wicked grin "does Derek know who you are?" My silence apparently was enough of an answer to him "I take that as a hard no" an evil chuckle ran down the phone line.

"Peter" I growled getting out of bed so I didn't wake Drew, I stepped into the bathroom and closed the door "where's Derek?" I clenched my hand into a fist and glared at my own reflection.

"Like I said he's busy doing something for me, now how about you come back into town and we'll have a nice chat about what you're going to do when you arrive in town" he then hung up, growling angrily I wrenched open the bathroom door and threw on some clothes.

"Drew" I said loudly waking her up with a push "we gotta go, something's happening" I threw her clothes at her and grabbed our bags.

"What's going on?" Trick asked as she walked out of her bedroom, she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and raised an eyebrow at me.

"I have to go back to Beacon Hills, something's happened and I have a feeling if I don't go back the problem is going to come here" I pulled her into a hug "I'll see you later Trick" I grabbed Drew's arm and dragged her out of the house.

"What problem is it?" Drew asked as I gunned the engine and took off at a high speed towards the city limits.

"An Alpha problem" I said, kicking the engine into its top speed we sped over bumps and hills. Speed limits were nothing to me as I passed gas stations and fast food restaurants.

*Beacon Hills*

I pulled into my driveway and chucked my house keys at Drew "Wake up my parents and tell them everything I told you" I then ran into the forest and made a beeline for Derek's burnt out shell of a house.

Jumping over the stream I pushed myself to go faster and ran up the porch stairs and burst through the front door with a huff, Jackson who was standing at the foot of the main stair case turned in fright and half jump out of his skin "Frey, what the hell!" he asked as I all but collapsed in the doorway.

"Frey?" Derek's voice came from next to Jackson and he stepped out of the shadows "what are you doing here?" I lifted myself off of the floor with great effort and dragged myself to the stairs into his waiting arms, he held me to him chest and smoothed my hair down as I sucked in precious air.

"I got a call" I mumbled breathing in his earthy scent, I leaned up and kissed him on the lips "plus I missed you" i smiled when he relaxed but turned and glared down at Scott who had burst into the house soon after I had.

"Derek!" he shouted but faltered when he saw me "Frey?"

"Scott move" Derek mumbled as he stepped closer to a freaked out Jackson who was breathing heavily, his eyes were darting between Scott and Derek but every now and then they would come to rest on me.

"No" Scott said stepping in between Jackson and Derek.

"Fine, I'll kill you too" Derek growled, just as he was about to strike there was a zipping noise that cut across the night and we all turned to look at the door as guns began to fire "Cover your eyes" Derek yelled grabbing me he pushed Jackson out of the way and we took cover in the sitting room doorway, Scott, clearly not hearing Derek's warning, stood in the doorway and got shot.

I pushed Jackson out of the room into a safer place "Go! Run!" with a frightened nod he took off running as Derek grabbed Scott's bleeding body and made him follow Jackson.

"Go with them!" Derek yelled over the machine gun fire, shaking my head I grabbed onto the back of Derek's neck and pulled him in for a kiss.

"I'm not going anywhere" I mumbled against his lips, I moved to whisper in his ear "I love you" I mumbled as there was another blast of gun fire and the world became a dark pit of nothing.