Chapter 14 (Episode 4 Part 2)

I rifled through my locker after my class had ended I was trying to find my chemisty book so I could study with Stiles later on tonight when a familuar voice reached my ears, turning so I could see down the hallway I saw Derek standing near Jackson "Where's Scott McCall?" He asked Jackson who was going through his locker like I was. Derek looked really pale as if he were deathly ill but that wasn't possible werewolves don't get sick like ever it wasn't possible our systems would fight off any type of sickness even cancer.

Jackson looked at him "Why should I tell you?" jackson back was to me but I could picture his face in my mind.

"Because I asked you politely, and I only do that once." Derek's face seemed to pale a lot more then it was.

"Hmm. Okay, tough guy. You know, how about I help you find him if you tell me what you're selling him? What is it? Is it, uh, Dianabol? Hmm? HGH?" Jackson fished, was he asking Derek if he was selling steroids?

Derek looked at Jackson with a black stare "Steroids"

"No, girl scout cookies. What the hell do you think I'm talking about? Oh, and, uh, by the way, whatever it is you're out selling, I'd probably stop sampling the merchandise. You look wrecked." Jackson said sarcastically I then decided that I'd save Derek from Jackson's doucheness slamming my locker after I grabbed my chemisty book I made my way over to Derek and Jackson.

Derek looked at him dispassionatley and tried to walk past him "I'll find him myself"

Jackson grabbed Derek's arm and stopped him from walking away "No, we're not done -" Before he could finish his sentence Derek slammed him into the locker with his hand gripping the back of the Jackson's neck

"Babe there you are" I said when I was close enough, I grabbed the hand that was holding Jackson against the locker and rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand, pulling Derek to me I kept my hand gripping his and turned to Jackson who was now rubbing the back of his neck "Thanks for finding him, I've been looking everywhere for you" I pretended to scold Derek while I wrapped my arm around his waist so I could hold him up "The doctor told you to stay in bed" I began to walk away while still holding Derek's waist.

When we were far enough away from Jackson Derek spoke "Thank you" he muttered leaning into me more.

"What's wrong with you anyway? Are you sick?" I asked as he buried his face into my hair and breathed in my scent.

"I'm not sure, I'll tell you more when we find Scott" he mumbled into my hair, to any outsider we would look like a couple and to any Werewolf we'd look like Mates.

"He should be heading his bike soon" I said pcking up the pace so we would make it to the car park in time to talk to Scott.

Sighing in relief when we our feet hit the pavment of the parking lot I saw Stiles pulling out of his car park half running half dragging Derek over, Stiles was just about to take off when Derek pushed away from me and stepped out in front of Stlies with his hand up in the universal sign of 'Stop'.

Stiles slammed his foot on the break and muttered an "Oh, my God." I stepped out to help Derek when I heard Scott mmumbled a feww curse words

"Oh, no no - no - no, not here!" I glaced over to were Scott was crouched over his bike then back at Derek who was wobbling like a new born Giraffe.

Stiles honked his horn "You've gotta be kidding me. This guy's everywhere –" my eyes widen when Derek fell to the ground running over to him I tired to help him up but failed because he was a little to heavy for me.

"What the hell" Scott said to Stiles before making his way over to us "What are you doing here?" he glanced at me then back at Derek.

Derek sat up with help from me "I was shot." he reasped out

"You were shot and you didn't tell me... are you serious?" I said looking at Derek worriedly who glanced at me then went back to having an intense stare off with Scott.

Stiles, who had gotten out of his jeep, chose to then speak "He's not looking so good, dude"

"Yeah thanks Sherlock we all needed to have the obvious pointed out" I growled at Stiles who twitched where he stood.

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott asked 

Derek winced as I pulled him into a more comfortable postion "I can't. It was - it was a different kind of bullet" 

"A silver bullet?" Stiles asked with widened eyes, he had to ask the dumb question.

I grounded my teeth together "No, you idiot" I said

"Wait, wait. That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours" Scott said looking like he'd found the missing peice to a thousand peice puzzle.

"You heard her say it too?" I asked looking at Scott with questioning eyes

Derek looked between us both "What? Who - who said 48 hours?" 

"The one who shot you." Scott and I said at the same time as Derek clenched his teeth together and groaned when he began to turn, his eyes flashed electronic blue as I pulled him closer to me "What are you doing? Stop that!" Scott said panicked while Derek groaned somemore.

Derek groaned again and scrunched his face up "I'm trying to tell you, I can't!" Scott motioned to me to help Derek up but when it became clear that I couldn't do it on my own he came around Derek's other side.

Scott and I grabbed each of Derek's arms and dragged him into standing postion "Derek, get up!" I said lound enough for Stiles to flinch

"Help me to put him in your car" Scott said to Stiles who stood near us with his mouth wide open. Jumping into action he ran around the passenger side of his car and pulled the door open, climbing inside I sat in the back and pulled Derek in after me so he was sitting in the front seat.

Derek leaned on the door frame after it was closed and I began to talk to Scott "I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used."

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" Scott asked me as Stiles ran around to get in the drivers seat.

"'Cause she's an Argent. She's with them" I looked at him with cold, pleading eyes.

"Why should I help him?" Scott asked me

Before I could answer with something nice Derek jumped in "Because you need me." he growled out between his teeth.

"Fine. I'll try" he stepped away from Stiles jeep and looked at his best friend "Hey get him out of here."

Stiles put his fott on the gas but not before glaring at Scott "I hate you for this so much."

_______________________________