Chapter 16 (Episode 5)

Okay so there are a lot of sence jumps in the chapter and somethings I made up so yeah enjoy... I think?

____________________________________

I sighed as Derek wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to his body, I was really content on staying in his embrace for the next 8 hours but we had to go get Scott do show him why we are different from the Alpha.

"Can't we just stay here and sleep?" I asked hope lacing my voice I looked up to see his eyes which were closed and smiled.

"No we have to go get Scott soon" Derek's voice rumbled though his chest and his hands tightened on my hips.

Sighing again I pushed off of his chest and got out of bed in jarring movements "Fine" I mumbled pulling on my jacket seeing as I was already wearing my jeans and Seattle Seahawks Jersey "lets go" I mumbled heading out my door only to be stopped by Derek.

Grabbing my hand he pulled me into his embrace and attack my lips with his only to pull away after a minute or so "Better?" he asked with a smirk knowing he had me wrapped around his finger when it came to doing things.

"Better" I grinned making my way out of mmy room with Derek hot on my heels

*hour later*

Derek, Scott and I stood on the roof of the DVD rental place and watched as people gathered around an ambulance and 3 cop cars, the Alpha had killed some guy and apparently jumped though the front window of the shop leaving Jackson -sadly- alive inside.

"Starting to get it?" Derek asked Scott who was crouched down on the edge of the roof, how no one saw us i had no clue.

Scott shook his head then shrugged slightly "Uh, I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why. I mean, this isn't standard practice, right? We don't go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone, do we?" he looked at me with worried eyes and I grinned at him widely just to freak him out.

Derek wacked my arm lightly to make me stop looking at Scott like i was going to kill him brutily "No. We're predators." he said crossing his arms across his chest "We don't have to be killers."

Scott looked between the sence below us and Derek "Then why is he a killer?"

"That's what we're gonna find out." I said shrugging as Derek and i walked away hand in hand from Scott and jumped down off the roof.

*Derek's House*

Dereka dn i walked hand in hand up the main stairs in his house when Scott opened his mouth and made me turn  and look at him  "You know, I have a life too."

"No, you don't." Derek said taking one more step up the stairs before realising that I wasnt moving.

"Yes, I do! I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or -" 

"Part of his pack." I sighed and gripped the bridge of my nose, he was killing my good mood.

Scott looked at me with a raised eye brow and shrugged "Whatever" he spread his arms wide in an I dont care gesture and continued "I have homework to do. I have to go to a parent/teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry."

I laughed "You're failing chemistry?" Derek gave me a weird look and Scott nodded.

"Aren't you?" he glared at me when I shook my head with a smile "how are you not failing your hardly at school?"

Derek, who had probably had enough of our little convocation sighed and wrapped his arm around my waist and gave it a tight squeeze "You wanna do homework? Or do you wanna not die?" Scott sighed looking completely done with trying to get Derek to understand he had school stuff to do "You have less than a week until the full moon. You don't kill with him, he kills you."

"Okay, seriously, who made up these rules?" he stuffed his hands into his pockets and groaned.

"It's a rite of passage into his pack." I said to Scott in a voice that I could only discribe as my Patince-is-wearing-thin voice.

"You know what else is a rite of passage? Graduating from high school. And you don't have to kill anyone to do it! Why can't you just find him yourself? Why can't you just sniff him out when he's a human?" Scott asked

"Because his human scent could be entirely different. It has to be you. You have a connection with him, a link that you can't understand. If I can teach you to control your abilities, you can find him." Derek replied gripping my waist with his hands to keep himself calm.

"So if I help you - you can stop him?" Scott sounded defeated

"Not alone. We're stronger in numbers. A pack makes the individual more powerful." I explained to Scott hopefully getting though his thick skull that we were actually tyring to help him

"How am I supposed to help if I have no idea what I'm doing?"

Derek looked at me and then back at Scott "Because we're gonna teach you. Do you remember what happened that first night you were shot in the arm - Right after you were hit?"

Scott nodded "Yeah, I changed back."

"And when you were hit by his car, same thing, right? What's the common denominator?" Derek asked and walked slowly down the stairs back to where Scott was standing as he spoke he reached down to grab Scott's hand and twist it back. A sickening crack and pop came from Scott's hand signaling that it was broken and Scott groaned and cried out in pain as he slowly sank to the floor while Derek still gripped his hand.

"What the hell are you doing?" Scott groaned out

"It'll heal." Derek and I said at the same time clearly done with the convocation, Derek finally let go of Scott hand and made his way back up the stairs to take me hand.

"It still hurt!" Scott grunted out holding his broken but healing hand.

 "And that's what keeps you human - Pain." we watched as Scott grunted and began to slowly move his now healed hand, Derek grestured to Scott healed hand with his left while he grasped my left with his right "Maybe you will survive." we walked up the stairs and into his bedroom.

i waited a few minutes after Scott left to speak "You know he's going to hate you for that" I watched as he sat on the end of his bed and ran his fingers though his hair.

"I know but he wont listen to me" he sighed as I made my way over to him and stood inbetween his legs, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to his body.

"Want me to stay or go?" I asked as he pulled me down on top of him, i ran my hands down his chest and giggled as he brushed his hands over the tops of my thighs.

"Stay" he mumbled before kissing me on the lips passionately.

How could I refuse?