Chapter 30 (Episode 8 Part 2)

Coach blew his whistle which rounded all the boys into a single group "All right, geniuses, listen up. Due to the recent pink eye epidemic - Thank you, Greenberg" everyone glared at Greenberg who whipped away the gunk that was near his eye.

"the following people have made first line on a probationary basis, emphasis on the word "probationary." he looked around the room and then glanced at the piece of paper he had clutched in his hand

"Rodriguez. Welcome to first line. Taylor, and, uh - Oh, for the love of crap. I can't even read my own writing. What is that, an "s"? No, no, that's not an "s." That's a - that's a - That's a "b." It's definitely a "b." Uh, Rodriguez, Taylor, and, uh - Bilinski" he shouted as Stiles jumped to his feet, the victory cry that came out of him caused me to cringe and shake my head in anger "Bilinski!" Coach yelled making Stiles jump and stop screaming.

"Yes?" Stiles asked looking at Coach with wide eyes, his thoughts clearly coming to the conclusion that he blew his position before he even started.

"Shut up!" Coach yelled causing all the guys chuckle at Stiles who sat down on the bench beside me and pumped his fist in the air.

"Yes, sir"

"Stiles" Scott murmured low enough that no one near us could hear.

"It's Biles. Call me Biles, or I swear to God I'll kill you" he narrowed his eyes at Scott and then leaned against my shoulder as Coach kept talking like nothing had happened.

"Another thing. From here on out, immediately, we're switching to co - captains. Congratulations, McCall" Coach clapped once and looked at Scott with amusement.

"What?" Jackson asked in a whiny girl voice, he all but stomped his foot when Coach looked at him and nodded causing me to smirk and pat Scott on the back.

"What do you mean, what? Jackson, this takes nothing away from you. This is about combining separate strengths into one unit. This is about taking your unit, McCall's unit, we're making one big unit. McCall, it's you and Jackson now." Coach lifted his whistle to his lips and blew it as loudly as possible, I may have to shove that thing down his throat or hide it, whatever's easier "Everybody else - Asses on the field! Asses on the field!" he waved his hand in the air and all the guys started to leave the locker room without a backward glance.

Stiles and Scott stood at the same time and Stiles started to speak as I grabbed the long stick Jackson had handed to me "Dude, can you believe this? You're a captain. I'm first line. I'm first freaking line!"

*On the Lacrosse Pitch*

I stood in line behind Stiles and Scott and watched as they defence pummelled the shit out of Greenberg who was trying to get to the goal.

"Well done boys" Coach shouted over Greenberg crying out in pain as he pulled himself off of the ground without help from any of the guys that stood close by, it seems mean but if you actually met Greenberg you'd want to punch him in the face with a brick tied, to a chair.

Scott ran forwards once the guys were back in the positions, not even a few feet from the start he was knocked down by the guys which caused the boys laugh behind me, Scott stood up and walked back to where I stood as Coach yelled at him "Let's go! Guess some people don't appreciate your new status there, McCall. Who's next? Let's go. You have a problem with that, Bilinski?" Coach stared at Stiles who twitched nervously.

"What? Yeah, no" Stiles glanced behind him at me and smiled timidly.

"All right, you're up, big boy. Let's go!" Stiles went to take a step forward but Scott stepped I front of him and pushed him back to his original spot. "That's it, McCall! That's the spirit! You earn it! Earn it, McCall!" Scott nodded and charged forward pushing past the defence he tackled Danny to the ground making me gasp as Danny's helmeted head slammed into the ground.

"Danny! Oh, man, Danny!" I shouted run to my friend I carefully pulled off his helmet and smiled when he grabbed my hand and pulled it away from his face "you good?" I asked watching as his nose began to bleed slightly.

"Yeah I'm good" he mumbled as a paramedic came up and began to help him up

"You didn't have hit him that hard" Mike one of the defence guys said to Scott who was a few feet away from us.

"Danny, are you okay?" Blake asked and sighed in relief when Danny sent him a nod.

Stiles stood next to Scott and glared at him "Dude, what the hell are you doin'?"

"He's twice the size of me" Scott said with a shrug making me hate him a little bit.

"Come on, watch out" Coach pushed Geeenberg out of the way and made his way over to Danny who was being look at by the medic.

"Yeah, but everybody likes Danny. Now everybody's gonna hate you."

"I don't care" Scott said walking away from the group as Lydia came up.

"Is he okay?" She asked Jackson but looked at me with worried eyes.

"It looks like he just has a bloody nose -" he stopped mid sentence and looked at her more closely.

"What?" She asked moving her hand to skim over her hair as if it had been moved out of place.

"Your lipstick." I said seeing as I was close enough to them to talk without being looked at as weird.

"Oh" she grabbed out her compact and got rid of the smear of lipstick that was halfway to her nose "Oh, wonder how that happened" she got rid of the smear, put the compact back in her bag and smiled at her boyfriend.

"Yeah. I wonder" Jackson and I both looked at Scott's retreating back with narrowed eyes, Stiles who was standing next to me heard the comment and watch Scott as well.

Scott's gonna die tonight, if Stiles didn't do it I would... for Danny.