Jack

I had been dying to see Lucy all day to explain my hesitancy from last night. I had wanted to text her, but she once told me important conversations should never be done over text because tone is everything.

I shoved her from my brain as I took my design exam and once I handed my professor my paper, I immediately started obsessing again. I'm not used to having my brain consumed by one woman. I hardly give women much thought, which is shitty, I've just never had a woman I care about like I care about Lucy. I couldn't figure out why she was so angry when I confessed to wanting to kiss her for a while. She seemed eager to kiss me and then was suddenly appalled that I had wanted to kiss her too. I apparently am a jackass for wanting to be chivalrous and I never thought consent would be such a shocking ask. 

Maybe she was mad that I said no and that I had wanted to wait? Maybe she thought I was letting her down gently, or she needs more time to move on from Blake? Her hot and cold attitude toward me is leaving me flummoxed and she used to be the easiest person for me to read. She used to be carefree and bubbly, wearing her emotions on her sleeve and now she seems guarded, angry and short-fused. New York made her frosty. 

I feel my phone buzz and snatch it out of my pocket, hoping Lucy had decided to say something to me before I saw her at work. Gauge her attitude before I walked into something I was not ready for. 

I frown when I see it's Fischer and I slide my phone open to read his text. 

Fischer: Did you get it in with Lucy or what?

I roll my eyes before texting back:

Did you get it in with Stella or what?

I go to stick my phone back in my pocket but it buzzes immediately. 

Fischer: No. She had an early flight. 

Should have left with Ariana. 

If you left with Ari, you'd have lost 

any chance you had with Stella

Fischer: Ya but she could of at least given me a blowey. 

Something to remember her by while she's in Oregon

I let out a laugh as I approach my car and stood at my door as I typed back-

Things went about as well for me with Lucy. 

She got mad that I didn't kiss her, but she was shitfaced

Fischer: Lay that groundwork son, 

you rejecting her is just gonna make her want you more.

We'll see. I am about to see her at work.

Fischer: I bet she throws herself at you when you see her.

 Just watch. She wants you. 

I shake my head, he really doesn't know Lucy. She doesn't throw herself at anyone. Even with Blake, she was an anxiety-riddled mess when they started texting each other. She'd wait hours to respond to him just so she didn't seem eager and then purposely miss his calls, even though her eyes were glued to his name flashing on her screen. She didn't want to appear more interested than he was and she second-guessed everything she said to him. I hope she's not doing that with the events of last night now. I do not need her dissecting every word I said to her- if she even remembers last night at all. I was thrown off by her attempt to kiss me, shocked that she had even wanted to.