Jack

Lucy and I parted ways this morning, her off to meet Stella and me off to go spend the morning on the lake. We were wiped out after work last night, so we each came back and passed out. Her in the guest bed this time. I told her I'd just see her at work since I didn't know how long I was going to be gone today, and she and Stella usually brunched for a couple of hours. 

I was fully aware that Lucy was going with the sole purpose of filling Stella in on everything and I would know by this afternoon if Stella was an ally or not. The first 36 hours of being Lucy Halloway's boyfriend were going well and I didn't want a Stella-sized wrench thrown into our relationship. Fischer would be happy I finally did something about my feelings. 

When I get to our meeting spot at the dock, I find Taylor, Meg, Shawn, Ariana and Scotty waiting for me to launch the boat onto the water. The dock is packed with jet skis and boats of all sizes, so I am glad to not have to deal with my own lake toy today. The water is going to be choppy and full of crazy jetskiers slicing through the water. 

"There he is," Scotty says when he spots me. He takes the plastic blue cooler from my hands and drops it onto the floor of the pontoon as I climb in. 

"Sorry I am late," I tell the gang and I go to greet Taylor with a handshake. He slaps my back and then turns the key to get the engine going. 

"I missed you last night, Jacky," Ariana tells me with her signature pout and she's already stripped out of her clothes. "I noticed you and Lucy skipped the party." The boat starts moving away from the dock, forcing Ariana and me to drop onto the towel-covered seats. Luckily, we are near the motor, so it's hard to hear over the sputtering which causes her to not add anything else to her loaded statement. Scotty hands me a beer covered in a white insulator, but before I am able to take a drink, my phone buzzes in my hand. I glance down and see Kylie's reaching out again, asking if I am coming to the barge. I let her know that I am with Taylor and headed that way and she sends me a winky face back. I know Lucy wanted to keep our relationship a secret for the moment, but there is no way I am going to be able to act single. The word boyfriend is still growing on me, but my commitment to Lucy isn't. Ariana already seems to be implying that she knows something is up, so maybe I should let her spread the assumption. 

When we get past the no-wake zone, the wind finally helps cool us off.  It's only March but it's already high-eighties out here with not a cloud in the wide cerulean sky. These are my favorite days. When you can enjoy yourself in the heat without having to bob around in the murky water. 

Meg slowly makes her way up to sit next to Ariana and I welcome the separation. I've already finished my first beer by the time we meet up at the barge, and I realize I should probably pace myself since I have to work tonight. I wouldn't drink on days I have class, but I can handle bartending buzzed. 

I scan the wide sand barge pushing out of the murky lake water and it's already packed with colorful umbrellas, wide beach towels and nearly naked women. I don't allow my eyes to gaze at the tiny bikinis for too long and not jumping off the boat to go socialize is new to me. I need to be more strategic about who I spend my time with. I actually have to think before doing and that is a new concept for me. Shawn and I help Taylor get the shade popped onto the boat after we anchor and when I drop my hands from the metal poles, I find Kylie right next to me. 

"Hey boo," she says before wrapping her thin arms around me. Her silver bikini top only covers her nipples, so I feel her big boobs press up against my chest when she squeezes me. I've never hooked up with Kylie because she slept with Fischer once a couple of years ago, and while I know Taylor and I have shared a couple of women, Fischer and I do not ever. Our friendship does not deter Kylie though and she's been flirtatious since New Years. Lucy had just left for New York and Kylie was cute and touchy-feely, so I may have led her on a bit.