Jack

I blazed out of that complex, ignoring the slow 15 MPH speed signs posted everywhere. Lucy is finally ready, I am finally ready and it seems we are both now on the same page with each other. While I was first upset that she didn't give me the letter, the more I thought about it, I realized it was best she didn't. I think I had to lose her to realize I wanted her. I had two months with no Lucy Halloway in my life and I didn't realize there was going to be a gaping hole in my heart until there was one. 

I look over and she is still upright in her seat, alert and eager to get to the hotel. At the first red light we hit, she turns her wide hazel eyes to me and I snatch her head into my hand and hungrily plant my lips onto hers. I don't care if there are cars next to us, I couldn't wait another second to kiss her. Her tongue gently pushes into my mouth a second before I hear a honk behind us. 

"We're close right?" Lucy asks between breaths as we drive through the intersection. 

"Five minutes. But I am going to need a fifteen-minute headstart." 

"Why?" She asks curiously and then adds, "Oh, bathroom?" Laughter erupts from me and I quickly shake my head no. 

"I had a plan, I need time to execute. So I'll check-in and then you text Stella or watch TikTok videos or something for fifteen minutes." I feel her curious stare on the side of my face but I don't turn to look at her. 

"Is this about those flowers you had back there?"

"Yes."

"Oh, so you knew tonight was going to the night then, eh?" She jokingly asks and then she takes her left hand and slides it up my thigh. 

"I had hoped. But ready to abandon my plans if you weren't ready." Her hand stops when it's covering my crotch and I give her a warning stare. 

"Don't really want to have a boner in the lobby, Luce." 

"I was just checking to see if you were ready." She says innocently, before giving my crotch a squeeze and then snatching her hand away. She has no idea how ready I am. If I didn't want her to have a great first experience with me, in a bed, I would have pulled over into the nearest dark neighborhood and dragged her into the backseat. But then she probably would have started asking me if I had had sex in my car before and I really didn't want to kill the mood by confessing that I had. She was already turned off by my bed,  didn't need to ruin my Jeep too. 

When we reach the hotel's parking lot, I find the short-term parking and spring out of my seat. I snatch my duffle and romance items from the drunk and dash off to the lobby. 

I do have to use some charm on the hotel clerk to get us an upgrade and she's hiding a bashful smile as she slides me my keys after saying we now have a suite with a pool view. I wink at her, give her a grateful grin and then haul-ass to the elevator. I text Lucy our room number and then ask for ten minutes.

Our room is everything I hoped it would be. Big king-sized bed, a little kitchenette, massive shower, balcony overlooking the sparkling pool with canvas cabanas, and a whole Nespresso set up. This was worth it. Ritziest place in Tucson. 

I quickly shove the champagne bottle in the fridge. I rip the robes open from the plastic but then realize I don't want to go through the whole tub foreplay. That will take too long, and I see Lucy worrying about who all has had sex in that tub and she'd overthink the number of butts that have been on the basin. She really is changing the way I think about things. 

I no longer have the flowers to rip the petals off of, but I do have the candles. I dump them out of the box and am glad I went with flame-less candles so I don't have to worry about lighting all of these, I can just flip a switch and set them wherever. I scatter the candles all over the room and then snatch champagne glasses from the cabinet. The bubbly isn't as cold as I wanted it to be, but I imagine Lucy will just down it anyway. Right as I am finishing the pour I hear her light knock on the door. I flip all the lights off and the candlelight is romantic as fuck. 

I pull the door open and she's looking curious while standing in the hallway with her backpack slung over her shoulder. 

"Ready for me?" She asks coyly and then I pull the door open further to reveal the magic. I watch as her smirk falls and her eyes soften. She takes a step into the room and I watch as she glances around the space. 

"You did all this for me?" She asks in awe and I hand her the champagne flute. 

"I said I was going to woo you." I watch her explore the room with appreciative eyes. She slides the black-out curtain back to reveal the wide balcony. 

"We're using that pool tomorrow," she tells me and I nod in agreement. She spins around and points to the bed, "And we're using this tonight." She takes two steps over to me and then finds my lips with hers. The hand that's not holding the champagne slips into my hair and then slides down my back. She pulls away and then downs the dry bubbly just like I thought she would. I drop mine onto the dresser and then go for her shirt. She helps yank it over her head and then her hands are quickly undoing the buttons down my shirt. She's moving quickly, but I don't want this whole thing to be over with in under ten minutes. I find her mouth again and force her eager fingers to slow down. I slide my hands over her exposed back and unhook her bra with a quick snap of my fingers. I'm kinda glad we eased into this already so I don't have to worry about her being self-conscious. She's already had my hands, lips and eyes all over her body. 

She goes for my belt and she's going to feel that I am ready to go. She smoothly tugs it through the loops and I hear it fall to the floor. I finally pull away from her to move toward the bed and I realize she is wearing a sheer black bra. She slides it down her arms and then tosses it away from us. 

"Oh, so you knew this was going down tonight then, eh? I joke back to her and she grins. 

"I had hoped." She slides my button off down my arms and then quickly yanks my undershirt off. Her hands glide down my chest and then stop at my waistline. Her mouth moves to my ear and then she whispers, "I want you to fuck me, Jack." My dick responds aggressively and I decide to throw going slow out the window. I hoist her up so she's wrapped around me and then carry her to bed. I toss her onto the plush white duvet and yank her skirt off. She's wearing matching sheer black panties and I decide to just rip those off as well. I drink in her naked body and I'm ecstatic that she lets me. I drop down so I can hook her knees around my arms and drag her so she's laying in the middle of the bed with her legs spread apart. 

"You're not going to stop me to shower first, are you?" I ask her before I drop my mouth down. Her fingers run through my hair and then she lowers my head between her thighs. 

"No, I am not waiting any longer to have you inside me." I obey and then give her vagina the first lick like it is a delicious scoop of ice cream resting on a cone. She moans and I slip two fingers inside her. She's already so wet and just as ready as I am. Her hands stay in my hair as I explore and I try not to make her come too quickly. I feel her tense up before she says, "Okay, get inside me. Now." I pull away from her and she bolts up to get my pants off. I nearly trip getting out of them and over to the duffle the condoms are in. 

I spring back onto the bed and her hands double-check that I am ready to go, gently stroking the length of my shaft. I slide the slimy rubber on and she pulls my waist toward her.