Epilogue

Two Months Later

"I've signed a non-disclosure Jack, I can't tell you," I tell my questioning boyfriend as I hold the phone up to my ear.

"Just give me a sign that you made it to the third round. I need to know if I need to pick you up from the airport any time soon." He asks and I bite my lip to keep from grinning. "You made it, didn't you. You're going to be in L.A for at least three more days."

"Yes, I am going to need more time in L.A," I admit and I technically didn't tell him I advanced to another round of Cookie Cutter.

"Thank God, or this would have been really weird," he says and I push myself off the hotel bed to go stand in front of the small window. They have me staying in a Marriott close to the studios in Burbank and I have a lame view of Bob Hope Airport and a Panda Express. The hotel in Tucson was so much better.

"What would have been weird?" I ask and then I hear a knock at my door.

"Jack?" I ask and he quickly says, "Goose?" I dash across the small studio and yank the heavy door open. Jack is standing on the other side with a small suitcase sitting next to him. I haven't checked his location since that night at Stella's and I am glad to have not ruined the surprise by checking when he wasn't answering my calls an hour ago.

"I thought you were still in San Francisco!" I gush as I throw my arms around him, glad to have trusted him and his silence. He kisses me as he holds me and then says, "There was a permit issue, so I have a few days off." He puts me back on the ground so he can grab his carry on and I leave the door open so he can come in.

"See this is why we need all of each other's travel details. How would I have known what room was yours if you didn't tell me? I would have had to knock on every door in this hotel and that would have wasted so much time that could have been used toward epic hotel sex."

"You flew all the way down here for epic hotel sex?" I joking ask and he's already pulling my shirt over my head.

"Yes, the hour flight was totally worth getting to see you for three days. I have missed you so fucking much," he says and he starts to pull me toward the bathroom.

"The bed is that way," I mutter in between kisses but he's still pulling me in the opposite direction.

"Was just on a plane. Need to shower. You're coming with me," he demands.

"Was your dad mad you left him up there?" I ask as we land next to the basin.

"He's the one that paid for my ticket. He said he couldn't handle watching me mope any longer." I pull his cotton tee over his head and he starts kissing my neck. "Two weeks apart is too long."

"I'd have thought you'd be enjoying the space. We were inseparable until I had to fly here. You have total control of the T.V."

"It's weird to have a clean kitchen. Your piping bags aren't all over the place. Mari hasn't had much to clean." He starts the shower and I go to unbuckle his jeans. I catch his watch light up and then he looks at me.

"Do you want to check it?" He jokingly asks and I swat his arm away. "You can. It's probably my dad, making sure I still plan on being back Thursday." He then tilts his watch toward him and something flickers across his face. I don't want to ask. I don't want to check. But it was something he wasn't expecting. He then tries to play it off but he has a little pink in his cheeks. What was just on his watch?