Jack

Lucy had already left to work by the time I got back from the lake. I noticed she had finally posted a picture announcing she was back in Phoenix when she was at brunch with Stella. She had her arm wrapped around her best friend and I immediately noticed she was wearing my old lacrosse shirt. I couldn't remember if it was one of my team shirts that has my last name on the back of it, and if it is, she's clearly ready to announce our relationship. Her caption said, "I just missed her so much that I decided I had to move back to Phoenix," but I liked knowing that she subtly showed she's mine. 

She texted me saying brunch with Stella went well and that Stella suggested a double date when Fischer gets back from Boston. I'd prefer Fischer date anyone other than Stella, but he's had his sights set on her since I first introduced him to her three years ago. I really should have known Lucy had a thing for me then, because one minute Stella was aggressively hitting on me at the party we were at, and the next minute, she was avoiding me like the plague. I bet she figured out who I was and backed off. Lucy then invited Fischer and me to her birthday shortly after and Stella played hot and cold with him all night, but he managed to leave with her number. Something I wasn't able to get. I also now feel like a massive asshole for hitting on Lucy's best friend if she had had feelings for me then. I'm also pretty sure I hit on Lucy's old dance friend, Bronwyn when she came to visit Lucy from New York. I really am an asshat. 

After I get showered up, inspect my back for sun damage and dress for work, I text Lucy that I am on my way to work. She quickly texts back: 

I'm gonna need a run down about 

what you said at the lake today

What do you mean?

I quickly make my way to the driver's seat and as I am plugging my phone in, I see another text from her. 

Hannah said that Ariana said that 

you said you and I were dating

I have to reread her text four times before I follow what it says. I quickly reply:

I didn't tell Ariana anything.

She just knew somehow

I see her little typing bubbles and start my car. I give it a few more seconds before rolling down the driveway. I tried my best to avoid Ariana after I was grilled this morning but it was almost impossible when we had to load up to cross the lake again. Me dodging Kylie's willing lips didn't deter her and I found her to be within five feet of me the entire time I was on the beach. I tried to chill with Shawn, Taylor and Pete but every time I turned around, there was a girl I had hooked up with, ghosted, hit on, or was actively dodging. It's going to be hard to live my lake life with my lake crew when I have a girlfriend. It's not going to be as easy as I had thought. 

When I feel my phone start buzzing, I assume it's Lucy but then see it's my dad's number flashing on the dashboard. 

"Hey Dad, what's up?" I ask, wondering when the last time my dad actually called me was. 

"Jack, you busy?" 

"I'm heading to work now. I got the closing shift."

"Ah, I didn't know if you had stayed in town for break or not."

"I have too much shit I gotta do for school. I had to stay in town."

"Well look at you, prioritizing school over partying. Never thought I'd see the day." My dad jokes as I pull onto the road that leads to Mag's. "I also never thought I'd see the day where you had a lady living with you. Mom said you asked her if Lucy could move in. Thought that one moved away."