Lucy

My entire brain is screaming What. The. Fuck. Jack?! all the way to dinner. He has no idea I saw Keeley Thomas blasting him texts from his Apple watch lighting up the kitchen. I couldn't read any of them, but he must have been responding since she kept pinging him back. I thought he'd come out and tell me what it was about, but he just mentioned his dad's texts.

I knew him and Keeley were a thing around Christmas because that's who he went to Mexico with. She was also aggressively all over him my last few weeks at Mag's. She was never nice to me and I think she knew I was in love with Jack by the way she would glare at me when I talked to him at work. I have no idea how they ended things though. I remember asking him if he got her a Christmas present and he said he doesn't do boyfriend things for her.

Now, I want to know what the psycho wrote to my boyfriend. I also want to know why he's not mentioning it to me.

When we arrive at the Castaway, he immediately reaches for my hand and I let him hold it as we make our way inside the bougie restaurant. Stella is looking fabulous in a gold bandage dress and heels and Fischer is whispering something in her ear that makes her tilt her head back and laugh. When he spots us, he waves and Stella turns around.

"You are radiating babe," she tells me before glancing to Jack. "The sex vibes are on full blast right now." I give her an embarrassed smile, but I think she's reading my anxiety as sexual satisfaction. She gives Jack a quick hug and I ask how long until our table is ready.

"They said fifteenish."

"Bathroom run then?" I ask her and she picks up what I am putting down. She hands Fischer her clutch and excuses herself from the waiting area. Jack gives me a questioning look but I ignore it and clutch onto Stella's dainty hand to tug her toward the bathrooms. After pushing our way inside, I let the door swing shut and then turn to her.

"I have a mayday." I blurt out and we settle near the full-length mirror, away from the stalls.

"You just texted me this morning saying Jack was a sex god and you were planning for a spring wedding."

"I'm really good at getting ahead of myself," I tell her, and she gives me a nod in agreement.

"Do I need to be worried?" She asks and before I get into my shit, I quickly ask, "I dunno. But how am I supposed to take this dinner anyway? Are you going to be texting that Fischer is a sex god tomorrow morning?"

She shrugs, "Dunno. I haven't decided if I'm going to let him sleep with me yet."

"Okay, but is this a double date? Are you dating Fischer?"

"We're figuring things out. We're texting and calling but...who knows." She flips her long blonde hair behind her shoulder and then says, "The boys are going to think we're pooing if we're in here much longer."

"Jack knows we're pow-wowing," I tell her and then add, "Keeley Thomas was texting Jack earlier and he didn't tell me."

"Remind me who that is again?" She asks.

"Blonde he went to Mexico with. Crazy eyes," She nods in understanding and then asks, "How do you know she texted him?"

"I saw it on his Apple watch."

"Luce, you have to stop stalking his watch."

"Stella, it was going off in the kitchen. I was making a coffee and I saw the screen keep lighting up. I couldn't check what she was saying, but they were clearly texting."

"When was this?"

"When we got back from Tucson. Just before we came to dinner."

"Okay, maybe he is going to tell you after dinner? Give him a chance before you fly off the handle. It could be nothing. She's friends with his lake group. Maybe they were talking about lake shit?" Stella suggests, trying to give me a reasonable explanation for the texting. Her phone buzzes in her hand and then she says, "Table is ready." She goes to leave and then pauses at the door.