Jack

I loved waking up next to a passed-out Lucy. All sprawled out with her arm flopped over her face, covering her eyes from the sun spilling in through the blinds. I didn't know where last night would go but I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I feel we got to another level in our relationship, another level of comfort and intimacy. Although, hearing how lackluster Lucy's sexual experiences have been made me want to go all out for our first time. She mentioned getting a hotel in Tucson and I told her I would take care of it. I want all the bells and whistles. 

My phone buzzing forces me to roll over and snatch it off Lucy's nightstand. She doesn't even stir which shouldn't surprise me since she said she had planned to sleep in today. We have a habit of staying up until the middle of the night and I think it finally caught up to her. I see Fischer sent me a couple of texts, reminding me he comes home tomorrow. I remember a double date with Lucy and Stella being mentioned so I ask if he still wants to plan for that. He then reminds me of our lake day Thursday but now I am going on down to Tucson. To meet Lucy's parents and hopefully finally have sex with her. Her wanting to take things slow is only making me want her more and I think I am craving her at this point. 

Of course Fischer asks if we've slept together and I roll my eyes before I write back. 

Not yet. Laying that groundwork. 

I don't wait to see what smart-ass response he's going to write back before opening Instagram. I completely forgot that I had posted that picture of Lucy yesterday and am stunned to see fifty-nine messages waiting for me in my inbox. The majority of them are different reactions to the photo, but several of them are asking if the girl in the photo is my girlfriend. I noticed Stella and Fischer replied with a clapping emoji and Ariana sent one with heart eyes. Kylie wanted me to confirm I was dating Lucy and Ashleigh let me know she was happy for us. I'm scrolling through my messages when I see one from BAndrewsNY and I completely forgot that Blake and I follow each other. I had hidden all of his shit from my view, so I spaced that he'd see anything I posted. I open the message and all it says is, I see Lucy had to get under you to get over me. My eyes glare at his message and I wish I could punch his face through the phone. There are a million responses I want to say, all of them expletive-filled but I land on, Whatever makes you sleep at night bro. I am so agitated that I drop my phone next to me and prepare to go on a run.

******* 

I'm just about to hit my fourth mile when my watch starts buzzing. I see it's Fischer calling and I forgot to write him back after Blake irritated me. 

"What's up man," I ask while breathing heavily. 

"Dude, ASU tanked last night."

"I know, I expected nothing less. They sucked when we were there. Out round one." I say between pants. 

"Did I interrupt your sex sesh?" Fischer asks and I eye-roll him. 

"Yeah, I'd really answer if I was having sex with Lucy."

"You answered when you were hooking with that chick in Vegas."

"Because I thought you were dead and you finally fucking called me back," I tell him without breaking my stride. 

"Okay, so my guess is you're running?" 

"Makes more sense than me having sex right?"

"Ah, you're running because you haven't had sex yet. Releasing all that energy somehow."

"I think I am now doing six miles. Before Lucy left, I was doing three."

"Dude, how have you not hooked up with Lucy yet? This is the longest foreplay ever," he says and I let out a laugh.