Chapter 2 : Gulf

Gulf POV

Hii.. I am Gulf ..Gulf Kanawat and currently I am lying in the hospital bed with IV going on. Do you want to know an interesting fact? This is probably third time in this year, and Christmas is five months away... Do you want to know how I end up here? Well, for that lets go on time.....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

So my life has always been hard. As far as I was told, my birth parents left me in the front gate of the orphanage. Reason I don't know; well at least till I was 12 years old. I was doing house works when I felt a shape pain on my lower abdomen and I fainted. When I woke up, I was in the ER and a doctor was examining me. He told me that I am a superman, I have both male and female organs. Simply saying, I can get pregnant and yes, that was my first period. I was shocked, who wont be. Imagine, telling a 12 years old boy that he has female organs! But I accept my reality and I am happy about it. I feel special. But it was not same for everyone. When my friends got to know about my condition, they started bulling me. Even the care ladies looked at me in a different way, except Mrs. Smith, our head lady. She always helped me, taught me many things, how a female body works, how I can protect myself. I was content with only one person beside me. Things were not good but it was bearable until when I was 17 years. At that time, a new caretaker joined us. He was creepy, a pervert. He would touch me improperly. I complained but none believed me, rather he told that I was the one who was seducing him and they believed it. I couldn't do anything but to maintain distance from him. But, luck was never been in my side. There was a celebration and that night he tried to get physical with me. Thanks to Mrs. Smith self-defence trainings, I was able to dodge him and I run away from the orphanage that very night. First few nights, I spend night on the bench of the park. I started working at a bar as cleaner. Others didn't hired me as I was still underage. With the small money I saved, I rented a studio. I was small and not so in good condition but at least had a shelter above my head and a place to call mine. Soon I reached the legal age and I started to take as much part times as I could. After one year I moved to the apartment I am living now. It is not so big but better than the first one. Four months ago, when I was delivering parcels, I got to know that a big company was hiring part-times . I contacted them and I was hired. It was simple. We load our tracks and delivered it to the destined place. In our group, except me there was three others. They were working there about a year now. They paid well.

Yesterday, as usual we load our track and left. When we were at the high way, another track hit us and we rolled over. I don't know what happened next. When I open my eyes, here I am lying on the hospital bed with IV and these scary looking men are looking at me. I am trying to avoid their looks but their looks are pitching me. A doctor came and he is checking me now. He is cute. His smile is so sweet.

"So, how are you feeling?"

"not good, its hurting everywhere..."

"It is expected. You have one broken rib, your ankle is twisted, it should be caged at least for 2 weeks and you also have 3 stitches on your forehead. But don't worry, none of them are serious."

He then looked at the scary guys.

"He should stay here for overnight. Can be discharged tomorrow, though he needs full rest for 3 weeks. Anything else?"

" that will be enough Saint.."

OH...So his name is Saint! Such a good name for a good person..

" okay then...call me if you need anything.."

And he left. Again, I am alone with these two.

"I will inform boss. You watch him."

"okay"

The one who is scarier left. Who is boss? And why I am kept here? Who are these people? I am the victim but it feels like I am the criminal. Should I ask him? He is less scary. May be he can tell me something, right?

"ummm...excuse me?"

He took his eyes from the phone and looked at me.

"Can I ask you something?"

And he didn't say anything, only looking at me. I take it as yes.

"umm..Who are you? And why are you keeping me an eye? And what happen to the others? Are they alright?"

I haven't heard anything about the others. When we were hit, there was four of us. So what happened to them?

"Others are gone, along with the supplies... So tell us, who send you to spy on us? Why did you took our loads?"

The guy, who went to call, came back and replied me instead of the others. But I don't understand what they are saying? Spying? Gone?

" Wait a minute...there must be some misunderstanding...I am not what you are thinking...nobody send me... I am just a part timer... Plus the accident was big. The track rolled. Are you sure they are not left behind in the spot?"

"Kid...don't play smart..The whole accident spot was searched, not once but twice... They run away... So tell us, what are you guys planning?"

With each word, he is coming near my bed and now his face is way too closer to mine comfort. I am scared. I didn't do anything.

"I don't know anything. I was only doing my job. I don't know them. Please believe me...please.."

"Enough Krist, don't scare the kid.."

That man moved and sat next to the other guy.

I am scared. Why my life is so screwed up? When I thought that finally I was earning good, that I have a stable life, everything turned upside down. God, please help me. Yes, I told you that I except what you gave me because I believe everything happen for a good reason. But don't you think its too much? I cant take anymore. I want to cry. Enough of this shit life. How pathetic I am!!! Please, someone pull me out from this hell...I want to live.

----------------------------------------------------------

Here is another one.

I read your comments and it gives me motivation to write . Do comment and vote.

Gulf's life is full of tragedy, but he always excepts it with a smile. They say when you think you can't take it anymore means you reached the bottom, it's your time to bounce back. So, stay positive.

Till next time...❤❤❤