Chapter 7: Freedom or just an illusion!

Gulfs POV

It's been a week or so. I have been living in this house or I say mansion. Everyone has been so warm to me. For the first time in my life I feel this homely feeling, feeling of belonging. They take care of me as if I am their own blood. I come to know about their works. Not much, but I have a vague idea now and it's very dangerous. But while I am with them I feel I am safe. For the initial day, I had my doubts. As the days passed that tiny bit of insecurity is gone. And speaking about P'Mew, he has been nothing but kind to me. Though he says some flirty lines, other than that nothing. He never made me feel uncomfortable. Every time he is near me, my heart skips beats. There is a unknown feeling I feel in my stomach, like thousands of butterflies are flying!! It's so weird, right? However that not what I been thinking these days. I am quite well now. My stitches has been removed, my wounds are all healed. Now, I want to go back to my home. It's not that I hate here. I want to talk to P'Mew. I haven't seen him since yesterday. Actually I haven't seen others also. Maybe they are busy... what should I do now? Its already evening and I have nothing to do. Let's go and check what they are preparing for dinner. Maybe I can help them!

.

.

.

.

.

I went to the kitchen.

"Hey...can I come in?"

"Yes Gulf, please..."

"What are you doing PChamp?"

"Well, I am deciding what to make for dinner. Do you want anything?"

"No phi, I was getting bored. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"ummm...then we are going to make these 3 dishes...other than these you can choose a dish of your like and we will make it..how does it sound?"

"Yes phi...I will make that dish...I miss cooking.."

"Sure then..."

P'Champ gave me a menu. Ummmm...let's check what I will make. I choose Tom khai gai (chicken in coconut soup). I hope everyone likes it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After two or three hours, Mew and his men came back. They all washed up and gathered together in the hall for dinner. By the time they all washed up, Gulf, P'Champ and others arranged the table. They all appreciated Gulf's dish. It was really very tasty. All was in happy mood ,not the gloomy vibes they were giving the other days. Maybe the work went well. Since the mood was good, Gulf decided to open the topic.

"umm...I have something to say..Specially P'Mew.."

"Yes, kitten...what do you want to say?"

"P'Mew and other phi...at first I want to thank all for taking care for me, for giving me a family that I never had and for loving me. I really love you all and I can't express myself how grateful I am. However it's time for me to return to my home..."

Gulf couldn't complete the sentence as Mew cut him.

"WHAT??WHY??Do you not like it here? Did someone hurt you? Tell me, I will make them pay.."

"Phi...listen to me first..no one did anything to me..I am fine. What I was saying is that all my wounds are healed now. I am good. And I want to go back to my home."

"But why? You don't like us???"
Gun asked.

"It's not like that phi. That apartment I am living is my home. Though it is rented and not big as this but still that's mine. I worked really hard to earn each penny so that I can effort the rent. It's the first thing I achieve in my life. I am so attached to it...every corner holds a memory for me. I remembered I work three part times for a month to buy the furniture and the bed. That my home phi and I want to go back. "

"If you put it like this, what can we say..."

"Don't be sad P'Tul, I will contact you and visit you often, okay..."

"umm..P'Mew what do you say?" Singto asked Mew.

All this time Mew didn't say a single word. He knew the boy works to hard for living. And he also knew that Gulf has his own self respect, he would never want something for free. He hate pity. Though what Mew was doing is nowhere near that, its probably all love. He knew now or then, Gulf will leave the house and he doesn't has any reason to stop him. He feels helpless. He feels alone. But he is not sure yet what he is feeling for Gulf is love or just affection or maybe lust. He knows he will be sad once Gulf leaves the house. Still he will give Gulf what he wants. His freedom. For the first time Gulf asked something from Mew, and he will give it to him though that may break his heart.

"I understand you Gulf. I know how much you value it. I had no intention of caging you here and will never do that. If you want to go back to your house, you don't have to take permission from me. I request you to stay here before as you were hurt and I still think somewhere I am to be blamed. But remember Gulf, you are family. The doors will always be open for you. You are not alone anymore; you have people to rely on. So use them. Okay...anyways you all enjoy the dinner, I have some works."

And Mew left. His voice was heavy when he said this all.

Gulf can see that his phi is not happy with his decision but he didn't refuse. He should be happy that finally he can return to his home.
But why he isn't happy? Why? Why in his heart he expect that Mew will never let him go? Why? Why he wants to cry so badly?
---------------------------------------------------------
Wherever we go, we always want to come back to our home. Home sweet home..but it is the house or the people who lives there makes it a home?
Let's see what Gulf finds out.

thank you everyone for all your support. I love you all.
Do vote and comment.

See you next time...bye