Chapter 2: New Students Potential

(Readers POV)

Ivy got into a fighting stance. I sighed and put my hands in my pockets.

Ivy: You aren't going to make the first move?

(Y/N): Ladies first.

Ivy: That's why I was letting you go first.

Fox: Just fight! I don't care who punches who first! Go or you'll both fail!

Looks like I don't have a choice. A red aura of energy surrounded me and I rushed over at Ivy at high speeds. I made it right in front of her in a fraction of a second. Ivy got caught by surprise. I punched at her, but she was able to move her body to dodge, barely.

Ivy: Wasn't expecting that!

She tried to kick me, but I jumped back to get some distance.

Ivy: I'll have to admit, your Power is pretty cool. But it's not as cool as mine!

Ivy grew green scales from her wrists. I ran past her and went for a punch to her back. She turned around and smiled at me. She caught my fist in her hand.

Ivy: That won't work again. Sorry.

She stuck her tongue out at me. I tried to punch with my other hand, but she blocked it with the scales on her arm. Ivy flinched from the impact.

Ivy: That hurt like hell, even through my scale armor. I can see why Mr. Black said you're the strongest here.

(Y/N): Thanks, I guess. Your Power is on a whole league of its own.

Ivy: I see you're a big fan of Evolution. I can change my body to adapt to different environments and situations.

(Y/N): My Power is Energy Multiplication. I can make myself stronger.

Ivy: Really? So it's like the Kaio-ken from Dragon Ball!

Is she really comparing my Power to an anime? I sighed to myself.

(Y/N): Sure. Let's go with that.

Ivy jumped back. She smiled at me and a pair of bird wings grew out of her back. Ivy flew into the air and shot out some of her feathers at me. I punched them away. I looked back up into the air and didn't see Ivy anywhere.

(Y/N): Can she camouflage herself?

I heard a footstep behind me. I turned around and punched forward as hard as I can, sending high pressured wind to fly forward.

Ivy: Oh crap!

I saw Ivy appear and jumped up, dodging the wind. It hit the gym wall, cracking it. Ivy looked back and her eyes went wide.

Ivy: That's... So cool! My turn!

She dived down at me while spinning. I put my arms up to guard. Ivy came down and kicked my arms. I felt my body get pushed down, making my feet go through the arena floor. A bunch of dust came up, covering me completely.

(Katie's POV)

Ivy jumped away from the cloud of smoke. I didn't see (Y/N) and it's making me worry for him. I looked over at Mr. Black. He just crossed his arms and smiled to himself.

Fox: Now we see the true show begin.

I looked at the cloud of smoke and saw some red energy.

(Y/N): Times 10!

A bunch of wind blew all the smoke away, revealing (Y/N) with a big red aura around him. The wind coming from him made all the students flinch, except for Mr. Black.

Ivy: So you can raise your energy higher?! That's makes you even cooler!

(Y/N) dashed at Ivy. It's hard to keep track of him now. (Y/N) punched Ivy in the gut, sending her to the edge of the arena. Ivy fell down on one knee while breathing heavily.

Ivy: That one hurt. I had no idea you could do that.

(Y/N): Yeah? Then let me surprise you. Times 100!

More red energy started to burst off (Y/N)'s body. He disappeared from sight.

Student 1: Where did he go?!

Student 2: Did he leave the arena?!

I saw Ivy's eyes turn yellow. Her eyes started to dart around. N-No way!

Katie: She's actually able to keep track of (Y/N)?!

Fox: New students this year have promise.

Ivy jumped up and grew two more pairs of wings and flew forward. She started to clash with something. I saw (Y/N) stop at the edge of the arena and jumped up, destroying that edge into millions of pieces. (Y/N) tried to punch Ivy, but her body turned completely green, making (Y/N)'s fist go right through her. The two landed on the floor.

(Y/N): What is this stuff? Is it slime?

Ivy: That was close. If that hit me, it would've knocked me out. But I can keep growing, so let's continue this fight!

(Y/N): Fine. But don't complain when you feel the pain from this fight next week.

The two jumped at each other. Mr. Black closed his eyes and opened them back up, revealing that they turned into complete darkness. Black tendrils came out of his body and went to (Y/N) and Ivy, wrapping around them and stopping the fight.

Fox: This fight is over. You two did well.

Ivy: What? Why did you stop us? The fight was just getting good!

Fox: If I kept the fight going, you two would've destroyed the school! Going off of performance, (Y/N) is the winner.

Mr. Black got rid of the tendrils and his eyes went back to normal.

Fox: Since that fight only took a minute, we have a lot of time for more matches.

(Y/N) just shrugged and walked over to me.

Katie: Congratulations on winning your first match of the year.

(Y/N): Yeah, first of many.

I can tell (Y/N) is out of it.

Katie: Hey. Is everything ok?

(Y/N): I'm fine. It's just... I honestly thought I would've lost that one.

Katie: Really? That's shocking to hear come from you.

I saw Ivy walking up to us. Her body turned back to normal and getting rid of her wings and scales.

Ivy: That was the most exciting fight I've ever had!

She wrapped her arm on (Y/N)'s shoulder. She got closer to (Y/N), causing one of her breasts to touch (Y/N)'s chest.

Ivy: We so have to do this again sometime!

(Y/N): Uh... Yeah, totally.

Ivy noticed me looking at her. She smiled at me and she put her fist up for a fist bump.

Ivy: My name is Ivy.

Katie: I'm Katie. It's very nice to meet you.

I slowly raised my hand and fist bumped Ivy back.

Ivy: I assume you're (Y/N)'s friend?

I just nod my head yes.

Ivy: If your his friend, then you must be strong too. We should have a match sometime!

Katie: I-I'm not much of the fighting type. And B-Besides, I'm not that strong. I wouldn't be a challenge.

Ivy: Don't say that about yourself. I'm sure your stronger than a lot of people here.

I felt my face heat up from all the underserved praising Ivy is giving me. Ivy took her arm off of (Y/N) and stretched.

Ivy: I guess it's time for me to rest. Talk to you two later.

She waved bye at us and went towards some chairs to sit down.

Katie: She's...

(Y/N): Unique? Yep.

Katie: I guess we can enjoy the rest of the matches for this class.

(Chapter 2 end)