Chapter 23: Ivy's Family

(Readers POV)

I slowly opened my eyes. I got out of bed and checked my phone, seeing it's seven a.m.

(Y/N): School today... This sucks.

I heard my door get slammed open, causing me to jump. I looked over and saw mom.

Super: You don't have school today!

(Y/N): What? Why?

Super: I just got a call from Heritage and they said that there won't be school for a week!

(Y/N): For a week?! What happened?!

Super: It's a secret.

She gave me a playful smile.

Super: I came in here to tell you that and make sure you're awake.

(Y/N): You slamming my door opened did that in spades.

Super: Nice! I did a good job!

Mom walked up to me and hugged me.

Super: I love you, sweetie.

(Y/N): I love you too, mom.

Super: Now wish me luck for today that I can stop at least twenty criminals!

(Y/N): Good luck.

I hugged mom back. She smiled at me and rubbed her cheek against mine. Mom let go of me and walked out my room. I heard my phone start to ring. I checked it and it's Ivy. I answered the phone.

(Y/N): Good morning Ivy.

Ivy: Good morning. I just learned that we don't have school for a week!

(Y/N): Yeah, sure is exciting. I thought you would've gone back to sleep.

Ivy: I was about to, but I realized something. Since we're actually dating now, you never meet my family before.

(Y/N): I guess I haven't. Now that you mention it, I haven't even been to your house.

Ivy: Do you want to come over today? Totally cool if you don't! Just ya know... Asking...

(Y/N): Sure. I don't have anything actually planned for today.

Ivy: Nice! I'll send you my address.

(Y/N): Before I go, do you have any scary family members I should be worried about?

Ivy: I wouldn't say they're scary. More like, annoying.

(Y/N): That's better than scary. See you in a bit.

Ivy: See ya soon!

I stopped the call. After a few seconds, I got a message from Ivy. It's her address. I remembered it and put my phone on my bed. I quickly changed into some clothes and got everything I need to head to Ivy's place. I walked out of my room and saw my dad sitting at the table eating breakfast.

Dad: Morning son. You going somewhere?

(Y/N): Yeah, I'm going to see a friend today.

Dad: Just don't do anything reckless.

(Y/N): I have mom's blood in me, I think it's inevitable that I do something reckless.

Dad sighed and shook his head.

Dad: I hope my blood counters your mother's long enough for that not to happen.

I walked out of my house. I started to use my power and a small red aura surrounded my body. I started to run, making my way to Ivy's house.

(A Few Seconds Later)

I stopped in front of a house. I checked the address and it's the same one that Ivy gave me. The house is smaller than I expected. I walked up to the front door and knocked. I heard a click from the door. It opened up and Ivy is standing there.