Chapter 67: Inner Strength

(Readers POV)

I was running down the street. I saw some of that dark energy moving around on the ground near some people. The energy jumped at the people. I quickly ran over to it and made a small blast of energy, getting rid of the energy without touching it. I looked back at the people.

(Y/N): Are you all ok?

Man: Yes, we are. Thank you Hero.

Woman: What's your name?

(Y/N): My name? I haven't decided on my Hero name yet.

I ran off, looking for more people to save. I did start to think about it though. A Hero name. I shook my head.

(Y/N): You can worry about that after everyone is saved.

As I was running, I heard my phone start to ring. I took it out of my pocket and answered it.

(Y/N): Hello?

Kane: I leave you and your mother for one moment and now people are screaming for lives and a bunch of this weird energy is everywhere!

(Y/N): Don't worry dad! We will have this situation sorted in no time!

Kane: That better be the case... Hey! Stop the screaming! It's hard to concentrate when I'm trying to save you!

(Y/N): Talk to you later dad.

I hung up the call. Dad is definitely having his fun during this. I saw some of the dark energy come out of an alleyway and try to attack me. I made a small blast, getting rid of it.

(Y/N): That was close. It was like the dark energy tried to sneak up on me.

I continued my running, getting rid of any dark energy that I could see. I looked to my right and saw the original holder of my Power.

???: Why don't you use our full power? You would be able to get rid of this darkness in a second.

(Y/N): Because everyone needs to beat their Shadow Copies. The best I can do is protect the people until they do that.

???: Then use our full power to protect these people.

(Y/N): That won't be necessary. That would be overkill. Besides, what if I need to use our full power later? I can't waste it now on some small bits of dark energy.

???: Come on. It won't be overkill. Just think of it like training that power of yours.

(Y/N): Why are you so insistent I use our full power?

???: ...Whatever suits you.

He disappeared from my sight. That was kinda weird. Now that I think about it, I've never seen Alexandra at all after mastering my Power. It's only him that I see now. I don't even know his name yet. I really should ask him that when I have the free time.

(Katie's POV)

I am looking around, trying to find my Shadow Copy.

Katie: This is getting stressful. I need to find it quickly before it hurts anyone.

I heard someone grunt in pain. I looked up and saw Ivy flying in the air. I can see her Shadow Copy flying after her.

Katie: Ivy!

She looked down at me.

Ivy: Finally found you. Good thing I remembered your scent.

Ivy flew down and landed next to me. I saw Ivy's Shadow Copy land a couple of feet away from us.

Katie: Wait, you were trying to find me?

Ivy: Yeah, look.

She pointed at her Shadow Copy. I looked at it and saw that my own Shadow Copy is clinging onto the Ivy Shadow Copy. My copy tried it's best to hide itself behind Ivy's copy.