Chapter 98: Getting Ready For New Heights

(Readers POV)

Amethyst: Rival! He's about to get away!

(Y/N): On it!

Me and Amethyst are in the streets of the city. I quickly launched a small ball of energy at the man running away. It hit the man, making him fall down. I quickly got over to him and put my foot on his back, keeping him down. Amethyst ran over and quickly put a pair of extra durable handcuffs on him. I let out a sigh as I took my foot off the man's back.

(Y/N): Cmon man. What did you think was going to happen?

Amethyst: Villains never learn their lesson!

Villain: Ack! I'll get my revenge on you Rival!

(Y/N): Sure, that would be the day that will never happen.

I saw some other Heroes show up to the scene. I pointed at the man on the ground.

(Y/N): You lot can take care of this guy. He isn't much of a threat.

Amethyst: Nothing is a threat to you, Rival.

The Heroes picked the guy up and took him away. I checked the time and it's 5:03 pm.

(Y/N): Well Amethyst, I say we are finished for the day.

Amethyst: You got it!

Me and Amethyst quickly got out of the area and went to my agency building. We walked in and headed into my office. I wiped my forehead of any sweat as I walked over to my desk and sat down on the chair. I reached for a small box on my desk and opened it. I grabbed the ring with a multi colored gem on it and put it on my ring finger.

Amethyst: Hey, Rival. If you don't mind me asking, how come you don't ever wear that ring while we are out fighting crime?

(Y/N): This? It means a lot to mean. It's the ring that signifies the unbreakable bond I have with my wives. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if it were to be destroyed. So I keep it here for safe keeping.

Amethyst: That's very sweet of you. But seriously, that makes you sound like some cheesy romance show character.

(Y/N): You would know about those, huh? What was the latest romance show you watch?

Amethyst: Hush it!

I chuckled to myself as I looked down at my ring.

(Y/N): There is another reason. If people saw me with this ring, then they would know I have people that I really care about in this world. My wives and children will become targets.

Amethyst: What about what happened at Heritage? With Drake spilling the beans? Won't someone make a post on the internet saying "I'm in the same class as Rival's kids!"?

(Y/N): Oh, I'm not too worried about that. We have people always on the internet and immediately deleting or blocking any info on the relationships I have with people.

Amethyst: That must be a lot of work.

(Y/N): Yeah...

Amethyst: What about word of mouth though?

(Y/N): Like villains are going to believe words of a child.

Amethyst: Wait, how come you aren't worried about my safety and you try to keep me hidden?

(Y/N): You're my sidekick. You're always by my side, so I can always protect you.

Amethyst: Right... Anyways, there is a bunch of letters that came in today.

(Y/N): Tell me something new.

Amethyst: It's mainly people applying to be a sidekick of yours.

(Y/N): Does that make you jealous?