Chapter 47: An Unusual Talk

(Readers POV)

I looked over at Ivy's and Chris's unconscious bodies on the ground. I let out a sigh. Whatever training they did definitely made them way stronger than I thought. I slowly sat up.

Grace: I hope we don't have to pay for the damages.

I heard two sets of footsteps getting closer. I looked over and saw a man wearing a suit. He has short pure white hair. There is a girl that looks to be around my age walking next to the man. She has long brown hair that stops at the middle of her back and her bangs cover one of her eyes. She's wearing a red scarf, a red shirt, and a pair of dark blue jeans.

Growth: Are you four alright?

Grace: Yeah... Don't worry about us, sir.

The man looked over at me and a smile formed on his face.

Growth: I saw you fighting. You'll definitely become a strong Hero someday.

(Y/N): Thanks for saying that.

I saw the girl and she was looking at me. She noticed me looking back at her as her face went red, quickly looking away from my gaze.

Ashley: ...H-Hello.

Growth: Tell me, what is your name?

(Y/N): It's (Y/N).

Grace: And I'm Grace!

The girl's eyes lightened up when she heard my name as she looked back at me. She slowly walked up to me and offered her hand to me. I slowly took it as she helped me stand up.

Ashley: It's nice to meet you... (Y/N).

I saw the man walk up to me and he placed his hand on my shoulder.

Growth: I have to know, why do you wish to become a Hero?

(Y/N): I'm going to become a Hero because I want to help others. I have a strong Power, so it's only natural that I'd become a Hero at some point.

Growth: Oh, so if you had a weak Power you wouldn't become a Hero?

(Y/N): That's not it. My Power was weak at first, but I made it strong.

Growth: So the world was unfair to you, yet you decided to fight back.

(Y/N): Yeah... I guess that's one way to look at it.

The man just chuckled to himself and let go of my shoulder as he turned around, walking away from me.

Growth: What an interesting way to look at the world. I hope you can prove that way of thinking.

What does he mean by that? The man looked back at the girl.

Growth: Come on daughter. We must take our leave now. We don't want to get in the way.

Ashley: Y-Yes father.

She looked over at me and quickly bowed down.

Ashley: I hope we can see each other again someday.

(Y/N): Uh, yeah. Me too.

She quickly turned around and ran over to her father. He grabbed her hand and kept her close to him.

(Y/N): Hey! What's your name?

The brown haired girl looked back at me.

Ashley: It's... Ashley.

Ashley? Did I hear that right? I looked closer at the girl. She definitely does have some resemblance to Ashley that I met all those years ago. I was about to ask more questions to her, but she and the man disappeared into thin air. I looked around, trying to find them. Grace sat up and looked at me.