Chapter 101: Start Of The Greatest Tournament

(Aurora's POV)

Everyone in my class walked into Combat Class. I saw father standing still. I got a closer look and noticed his eyes are closed. Did... Did he really fall asleep while standing? Everyone sat down at their seats. The bell started to ring, making father open his eyes.

Davidson: Class time already?

I heard him mumble to himself.

Davidson: Listen up class! I'm sure you all knew this was coming, but I will make sure you all know just how important it is! The Heritage Tournament starts in a week!

Student: The Heritage Tournament?

Mel: It's a yearly tournament that is held near the beginning of each school year. People from all around the world gather in person or watch the event on television. It's for the public to see just what upcoming Heroes can do and what they should expect.

Davidson: You make my job easy. Thank you for the history lesson! I want you all to give it your absolute best in this tournament!

Drake: You already know I will! I'll win the damn thing!

Davidson: It's not just about winning! It's about showing off your best and really showing villains that they're screwed! Get the message across to everyone! I will be training you all to the bone for this!

I saw black energy start to leak from father's body. It looks like he's excited just to see the tournament happen.

Aurora: That's a cute declaration, Drake. But everyone knows that I will be victorious. It's ok to be second place sometimes.

Drake looked over at me. I am his rival, so I must play the part. He smirked at me as he let out a small huff, a small red flame coming from it.

Drake: I'd love to see you fight me during the finals! I won't accept fighting my rival at any other point in this tournament!

Aurora: The feelings are mutual.

Davidson: Now everyone! Let our sparring begin!

(Davidson's POV) (Time Skip)

I heard the final bell of the day ring, meaning school is over. I thought about this up coming tournament. The tournament.

Davidson: I remember my first tournament... That was the day me and Rival's Powers Leveled Up for the first time. I suspect that fate has similar plans for this year's tournament.

It is just speculation on my part, but I do think most students will break through their limits there. My thoughts got interrupted by my phone ringing. I took out my phone and saw it was Solana calling me. I answered the phone and put it up to my ear.

Davidson: Yes wife? Do you need something?

Solana: I was just calling to see how your day was.

Davidson: It went fine. This talk couldn't have waited until dinner?

Solana: Since when was it a crime to check up on my husband?

Davidson: Its not, it's just different from what you usually do.

Solana: Oh, you caught me. This call is for something important.

Davidson: And that would be...?

Solana: ...I ran out of wine. Could you get some on your way back home?

Davidson: I'm a Hero, not some wine delivery service!

Solana: Pretty please? You'd be my Hero if you brought me some more.

Davidson: ...

Solana: You wouldn't leave your beautiful wife sad, right?

Davidson: ...You know how to push my buttons...