Chapter 49: An Encounter With Growth

(Readers POV)

Everyone watched as Mr. Black ran out of the gym. Dave let out a sigh and got rid of the blue fire around his trident.

Dave: Great. It would appear that our duel must wait another time.

I let out a sigh as I stopped using my Power. I walked over to the seats and sat down, next to Katie.

Katie: That match was fun to watch, even if it wasn't long and hard to follow.

(Y/N): Thanks.

Katie put her head on my shoulder and put her hand on top of mine.

Katie: I can't help but worry about why Mr. Black ran out. He sounded really serious about it.

(Y/N): He's an expert. I'm sure he'll be able to handle whatever he's doing.

(Fox's POV)

I looked at the white haired man. This is the guy that out Mental in such a hurt state.

Chemist: Just who are you?

Growth: You may call me by the name of my Power, Growth.

Growth? I remember Super saying be careful of a man with that name. If Super thinks he's a threat, me and Chemist are in some deep shit.

Chemist: Why were you attacking Mental?

Growth: I was simply practicing something with my Power and she tried to stop me. All I did was defend myself.

Fox: Listen, I don't care what you were doing. If you don't surrender now, I'll be forced to make you.

I pointed my tendrils at Growth. He just chuckled at me and patted himself on the shoulder. He vanished from sight and I felt a hand grab one of my tendrils.

Growth: I cannot allow myself to fail, especially here.

I tried to attack behind me, but I didn't hit anything. I looked over at Chemist and she's just as confused as me.

Chemist: Where did he go?!

Growth: Chemist. You are the fifth ranked Hero. It is safe to say that you certainly know how it's like to be a Hero.

Growth appeared next to Chemist. She started to slowly reach into her pocket.

Growth: I must know why you decided to become a Hero.

Chemist: That's an easy question to answer.

She pulled out a glass beaker and slammed it down at the ground, making an explosion. Me and Chemist were sent back, but we landed on our feet.

Chemist: The answer is that it's my business!

The smoke from the explosion faded away and Growth is standing there, unfazed. He wiped some dirt off his shoulder.

Growth: My apologies. I guess you two don't wish to talk it out after all.

One moment Growth is standing there and the next moment he is in front of me. He grabbed my face and slammed me down into the ground, making a small crater. Chemist quickly knocked Growth off of me. I grabbed him by the foot with one of my tendrils and threw him down into the ground. He grabbed my tendril, but I quickly got rid of it.

Growth: Your Power, Void, is an interesting one. I must know about how you use it. Whenever I use my Power, I think of a emotion to help me use it. What kind of emotion do you use?

Fox: ...I don't think of any. That's how Void is best used.

Growth: So you must throw away the thing that makes us humans special and unique to use your Power? In the world I will create, that wouldn't be an issue.