Chapter 95: Empty Conclusion

(Readers POV)

I can barely feel anything. I couldn't move as I looked at Brooklyn. She sent her hand forward as a wave of pink energy flew right at me. I felt it hit me as my vision started to fade away.

(Y/N): Is this... Where I die?

I felt all feeling start to disappear. All I can see and feel, is a dark abyss. Before I could do something else, I saw a white light illuminating the abyss.

Herculean: This isn't where you end. This isn't your fate.

Super: You were never one to give up! You inherited that from me! Are you really going to stop fighting now?!

I felt the light surround me. This feeling. It feels so strong, yet so gentle at the same time. This feeling. All this strength going through me. I can't believe it. I clenched my fists tightly as the light completely filled me.

(Y/N): I won't give up here! You won't stop me! Do you hear me?! AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

I let out a mighty roar as I fought back against Brooklyn's Power. I opened my eyes and saw Brooklyn standing there, frozen in spot as she looked at me.

Brooklyn: You should be gone...! What's with that light?

I looked down at my body, seeing it covered with light. I took a deep breath as the light slowly turned into my red energy. I got rid of the energy, revealing that my body has returned to normal, as I pointed at Brooklyn.

(Y/N): ...

Brooklyn: ...White hair?

(Y/N): Brooklyn... I really am sorry for you. You running for your life. But that doesn't fix anything. Running from your problems won't change anything. You want change? You want your happiness? Then face your problems head on. Come at me.

Brooklyn started to scream out as all of the energy in the dimension went into negative colors and began to attack me. My body went negative colors. I let out some energy, knocking all of the negative energy and returning it back to normal.

Brooklyn: H-Huh?

(Y/N): I said to come at me. Don't make me repeat myself.

I quickly got in front of Brooklyn and punched her in the stomach. She gasped out in pain as she stumbled back, holding her gut.

(Y/N): Running will only cause you more pain and grief. Look at me. When Imperium was finally defeat, everyone blamed me for my mom's death. I couldn't handle it, so I ran. I ran to the other side of the planet to hope that I could move on from it. But I couldn't.

Brooklyn: ...Don't... Lecture me...

She feel down to her knees and let her head down. I walked up to her and squatted down to get to eye level with her.

(Y/N): Only when I came back, was I able to see that everything was wrong. That's what I got from running. You don't have to run anymore. Just let me help you.

I offered my hand to Brooklyn. She slowly looked up at it.

Brooklyn: Why... Why still try to help me...? I hurt you... I tried to...

I saw tears start to escape her eyes. She let out some gasps and sobs as she began to hug herself tightly.

(Y/N): Because you're someone I can help. Someone I can save. My mom. She wasn't someone I could save. I wasn't strong enough to. How can I call myself a Hero if I can't save even a single person in need?

Brooklyn: Listen to yourself... Stop believing in a lost cause like me... I'm tired of trying... No matter what I do... I can't have a life... What makes you think things will be different?