Chapter 10: Students VS Teacher

(Katie's POV)

I walked into school. I checked the time and looked around, trying to find (Y/N).

Katie: He should be here by now. It's not like him to be late.

I started to get worried. Did something bad happen to him? I heard my phone ring. I checked it and it's (Y/N) calling me. I quickly answered it.

Katie: (Y/N)? Where are you?

(Y/N): I'm still at my house.

Katie: School is about to begin. Why aren't you here?

(Y/N): Well...

(Flashback) (Readers POV)

I walked out of my room and went inside of the dining room. I saw mom sitting on dad's lap, hugging him tightly. Her hair is a mess and she has her eyes closed. Dad looked over and saw me.

Dad: Morning son.

(Y/N): Good morning... What's wrong with mom?

Super: I fought a criminal with a Power to make people sick yesterday and it's just now kicking in.

My mom groaned in pain. She looked over at me and barely opened her eyes.

Super: Sorry for not making breakfast.

(Y/N): It's fine. I'll just make myself some.

Mom got up and walked over to me. She wrapped her arms around me and isn't showing signs of letting go anytime soon. She picked me up and walked into the living room, laying down on the couch, and snuggled into me.

(Y/N): Mom. Let me go, I need to go to school.

Super: No. I need you here to help me feel better. I'll have your father call the school and tell them you won't show up today.

Dad: I'll go get my phone.

(Y/N): That would look bad, not showing up during the first week-

Mom covered my mouth and closed her eyes. I tried to move, but with mom's grip on me, I'm not going to be moving anytime soon. I managed to reach into my pocket and pulled out my phone. I started to call Katie. It'll be a good idea to tell her that I'm not going to school today.

(Flashback End) (Katie's POV)

Katie: That makes a lot more sense. Tell your mom I hope she gets better soon.

(Y/N): I will. Sorry for not being able to make it to school today.

Katie: It's alright. You're busy with other stuff, I understand.

(Y/N) ended the call. I put my phone in my pocket and sighed. I know (Y/N) is busy, but I still can't help but be upset that I can't be around him.

Ivy: Yo! Katie!

I turned around and saw Ivy running towards me. She tripped and fell down at my feet.

Katie: Oh my goodness! Are you ok?!

Ivy just gave me a thumbs up. She picked herself up and looked at me.

Ivy: Where's (Y/N)? He's usually with you.

Katie: He's busy with other things. He can't be here.

Ivy: Oh man... I was hoping to show off what I can do while we fight Mr. Black. I've been learning some new tricks I can do with my Power.

Katie: Really? Can you tell me them?

Ivy: You'll see.

That's not helpful at all. Me and Ivy walked into the gym. Mr. Black is standing in the middle of the arena.