Chapter 34: Prayers

(Readers POV)

I slowly opened my eyes. I'm staring at the ceiling of the living room. I felt something on me. I looked down, seeing a sleeping Isabelle on me. Her head is resting on my chest and my breathing raising and lowering her ever so slightly.

(Y/N): What time is it?

I whispered to myself. I heard footsteps getting closer. I decided to close my eyes again and pretend to be asleep. I felt something cover me and then the front door opened. After a few seconds, I opened my eyes. A cover is now on me and Isabelle. I got my phone out of my pocket and checked the time, it's five in the morning. I also noticed a bunch of missed calls from Ivy.

(Y/N): Oh man, she's going to be mad.

I slowly got up from the couch, making sure not to wake Isabelle up. I walked outside and looked around. I saw Top in the distance walking up the mountain. I got curious and started to follow her from a distance. She went on a trail.

(Y/N): Where is she going?

After some walking she stopped. Top got down on her knees and put her hand on her chest. I looked past her and saw a gravestone.

Top: ...

She stayed silent, not saying a word. I didn't even breathe from me being worried that she would hear me. After a few more seconds, she stood up and started to turn around. I quickly went behind a tree. I peaked around the tree and Top is heading back to her house. I stopped hiding and went up to the gravestone. I looked at the name and it's "Phoenix Elsher". I quickly bowed down.

(Y/N): I'm sorry for my intrusion. I hope you are at peace.

I turned around and headed back to Top's house. I quickly made it back and Top is standing in front of the door, staring at me.

Top: If you're going to be sneaking around, make sure not to step on branches. It gives away your location.

(Y/N): I'm sorry. I hope I didn't-

Top: Shut it with the sorry crap. You didn't offend me. What do I look like, some average 18 year old girl on the internet?

(Y/N): ...What?

Top sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

Top: Never mind. I'm sure you're curious who grave that was.

(Y/N): I guess. Might as well know now.

Top: That grave belongs to my husband.

(Y/N): Oh... I never would've thought.

Top: Heh, I get that a lot when someone finds out. I go there every morning to pray. It sounds stupid out loud, going all the way out there just to pray, but it helps me get through the day... I'm going to make breakfast.

Top walked into her house. I also walked inside. I looked over at the couch and Isabelle sat up. She rubbed her eyes and let out a yawn.

(Y/N): Good morning Isabelle.

Isabelle just nodded her head. I walked into the kitchen and saw Top cracking an egg on a frying pan. I walked up to her.

(Y/N): Here, let me help-

Top: I don't need help!

I took a step back in surprise. Top looked pissed at me, like she's getting ready to fight me.

Top: If you want, then you can make breakfast. I'm going out to stop crime.

She walked out of the kitchen. I watched her open the front door and she walked outside, slamming the door shut. Isabelle looked at me and just shrugged. She got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. Isabelle sat down at the table and rested her upper body on the table.