Chapter 36: Tag Team Match

(Grace's POV)

Dave immediately jumped at (Y/N). He threw a fireball at (Y/N). I quickly swiped the fireball away with my paint brush.

Grace: Don't just focus on (Y/N), I'm more of a threat!

Dave jumped back. Katie tapped his shoulder. Katie made her hand into a finger gun and shot lightning at me and (Y/N), making the two of us to jump away. Dave threw several fireballs all across the arena. I made a protective bubble around me, blocking any fireballs coming at me. I looked over at (Y/N) and he punched and kicked the fireballs coming at him away.

Dave: Come on, fair maiden! Let's keep this pressure up!

Dave and Katie made a fireball in their hands. They brought their hands together and made a huge fireball. Crap, that isn't going to be easy to stop. I got rid of my bubble and ran over to (Y/N).

Grace: Have any ideas for that?

(Y/N): We can't rush up to them or they'll just stop charging that big fireball and attack us. Make some kind of shield and I'll punch that fireball away.

Grace: You got it, sir!

I swiped the air, making a huge shield in front of me and (Y/N).

Dave: You think that will stop this?!

I peaked over and Dave and Katie launched their huge fireball at us. It hit the shield.

Grace: Ok, you can hit it now!

(Y/N) reeled his fist back as a red aura surrounded his body.

(Y/N): Times 100!

He punched my shield, making it and the fireball go up towards the ceiling. I saw Mr. Black jumped up and destroyed the fireball with his tendrils.

Fox: Watch where you're attacking!

I put my focus back on the fight. I looked at (Y/N) and nodded at him. We ran over at Dave and Katie. They shot some lightning at us, but we avoided it. (Y/N) threw a punch at Dave. Dave made a trident out of fire and blocked the punch. Katie tried to shot some more lightning, but I pushed her away.

Grace: You didn't think it would be that easy, would it?

Katie surrounded herself in lightning, disappearing from my line of sight. I felt a tap on my back. I turned around and saw Katie there.

Katie: Dave! I copied Grace's Power!

Dave: Yes! Just as planned!

Crap, they meant for me and (Y/N) to get closer. I saw the shield I made earlier on the ground. Katie picked it up and turned it back into ink.

(Y/N): That can't be good-

Dave interrupted him by punching him towards Katie. Katie turned the ink into a staff.

Katie: Sorry, (Y/N)!

She swung the staff down at (Y/N), sending him down to the ground. Katie and Dave jumped at (Y/N). I quickly jumped forward and grabbed (Y/N). I made a portal and jumped through it with (Y/N). Me and (Y/N) are at the ceiling. I quickly made a floating cloud, keeping the two of us afloat.

Dave: Hey! Get down here and face us like warriors!

Grace: Give us a second! We're thinking about a plan!

Dave: My bad... Wait a minute! Rival! Get down here!

Grace: Any ideas?

(Y/N): Dave is clearly the powerhouse between him and Katie, so we should focus on taking him out first, then Katie will be a lot easier to defeat. Make an opening for me to get a clean hit on Dave.