Chapter 52: Top Goes Against Growth

(Grace's POV)

I was looking around the gym. Everyone was talking about what was happening and what was going to happen. I looked over at the (Y/N), Dave, and Katie fakes and thought about what they could be going through.

Grace: I need to find the right moment to make a portal and get out of here.

I heard the gym doors open. I looked over and saw Principal Beacon walk in.

Beacon: Ok, I'm going to do a roll call to make sure everyone is here.

I felt my heart start to race immediately. My fakes can't talk! I can only make fakes of myself talk since it's my voice so it's actually believable! Principal Beacon started to call peoples names.

Grace: Oh man... What am I going to do?

Beacon: Grace?

Grace: Here!

Beacon: Ok... Katie?

I quickly hide behind the Katie fake and coughed a little.

Grace: H-Here.

I said, trying to make my voice more soft and higher pitch.

Beacon: ...Dave?

I went behind the Dave fake and moved his arm up into the air.

Grace: Present!

I said in a low and prideful tone. I saw Principal Beacon just nod his head.

Beacon: (Y/N)?

I was about to get behind his fake, but a beam of light went through fake (Y/N)'s head, making the entire fake turn into ink. The same happened to the Dave and Katie fakes. I looked over and saw Principal Beacon pointing at me.

Beacon: For future reference, at least try to make the mouths move when you try to awfully impersonate them.

He walked up to me and put his hands on my shoulders. It was a tight grip and I felt like I'm in serious trouble.

Beacon: Where are my students?

He said in a tone that sent shivers down my spine. I tried to speak, but I couldn't open my mouth at all.

Grace: ...Sorry...

(Readers POV)

Ashley: Hello everyone. It is very nice to meet you all.

She put her hands together and bowed down for a bit.

Katie: It's nice to meet you too Ashley. I'm Katie.

Chemist: I'm Chemist. And this man is-

Ashley: That's Darkness!

She ran up to him and saw his lack of arms.

Ashley: Are you ok? I'm surprised you're still conscious.

Fox: Don't worry kid. I'll be fine.

Katie walked over to me.

Katie: Is that the same Ashley you used to tell me about?

(Y/N): Yep. I couldn't believe I found her again. But there's something about her that you shouldn't tell anyone.

I went up to Katie's ear and made sure no one else was listening.

(Y/N): She's the daughter of the man that fought Mr. Black and Chemist.

Katie: What? You can't be serious.

She saw my face and knew that I wasn't lying. She looked at Ashley then back to me.