Chapter 97: Ambitions

(Aurora's POV)

I looked at the Hero, Rival. So this is the man that is always trading the Number 1 title with father. So right now, he's Number 2.

(Y/N): Come at me already. Got cold feet all of a sudden?

He seems to laid back. I'll show him that I'm not to be taken lightly. I quickly dashed behind him and tried a barrage of punches. I felt my fists connect, but he didn't react in the slightest.

(Y/N): Is that really it? I thought I asked you to give me your all.

Aurora: You want everything?! Then take it!

I brought my fist back as the light from my fist turned into darkness. I threw my fist forward and hit Rival in the back of his head. A bunch of smoke covered the area from the impact. I quickly looked around, but stopped when I felt a presence behind me. I looked back and saw Rival about to punch me. His fist being mere centimeters away from hitting my face. I couldn't even move to get out of the way in time. He stopped his fist as the force of the punch blew away all of the smoke.

(Y/N): I think that will be all for this fight. You do show great promise, I'll tell you that.

I stopped using my Power, making the light disappear from my body. Amethyst walked up to me and put her hand on my shoulder. I felt my energy refill instantly.

(Y/N): I hope now you realize the level you should strive for.

I looked down at my hand. I knew Rival and father were strong, but trying to even hit him was difficult. I remember sparring with father numerous times before, but is that what would happen if father doesn't hold back? This man, Rival, I will surpass you and my father too.

Aurora: I'm going to be the absolute best. I will inherit the title of Number 1 from my father.

(Y/N): Hehe, there's that drive I was expecting from King's kid.

He walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. Suddenly, I saw him appear at several places around me, about to attack, but he didn't. I looked over at him and he just smiled. He's so gentle, yet terrifyingly strong.

(Y/N): You take your seat.

(Readers POV)

I saw Aurora go back to her seat. I started to rub the back of my head. Her punch actually stung a bit. Amethyst walked over to me and restored my energy.

Amethyst: This generation is really promising.

I nodded my head as I looked at the kids in the bleachers. I can't believe I was there about 2 decades ago. Time sure does fly by.

(Y/N): Yeah, I may not have to hold back as much as I thought I would need. Ok! So who wants to spar with me next? Any takers?

I saw Drake raised his hand. I pointed at him, making him smirk. I jumped up and landed on the arena. He immediately got into fighting stance. He really is just like his mother.

Drake: Come at me, Rival!

(Y/N): Then hit me with everything you got!

Drake opened his mouth as red flames started to leak out, covering his body. The flames quickly took shape of a dragon.

Drake: Time for you to face the Draconic Flames!

He flew up into the air and started to spin around in place. He quickly flew down at me. He tried to kick me, but I blocked it with an arm and used my other arm to grab his leg.

Drake: Uh oh-

I quickly slammed him down onto the arena floor. I launched a small blast of red energy above him, blowing away his red flames.