Chapter 50: Darkness's Last Stand

(Fox's POV)

I rushed over at Growth at full speed. I punched him down into the ground. I made one of my arms made out my Power and stretched it out. I wrapped it around Growth and slammed him down into the ground, making a bunch of dust come up. I jumped up and made a sharp blade out of my other arm.

Fox: Take this!

I landed on the ground and stabbed where I slammed Growth. The dust cleared away and I saw my blade has stabbed into his right shoulder. I let out a small laugh.

Fox: Not so tough, now are you? I actually managed to pierce you.

Growth: Ha... Hahaha. You innocent child.

He sounds way to confident for my liking. He grabbed the blade in his shoulder and shattered it. The shatter sent a lot of force my way, sending me back a couple yards. I stab a tendril into the ground to stop myself.

Growth: Since you have lasted this long against me, I will give you some knowledge of my Power. It's name is Growth. I am able to grow past any obstacle that stands in my way.

Able to grow past any obstacle? Wait, is that why he let me take those Adrenaline pills? So I would get stronger and he can grow stronger than me? Shit, I think I backed myself into a corner.

Fox: I thought I was in a winning situation... Shit.

Growth looked at his right shoulder. I noticed that it has stopped bleeding. He opened the small tear in his suit and there isn't a stab wound at all.

Growth: My healing is also growing.

So he is getting stronger! I need to take him out now! I made giant claws on my Void Arms. I jumped forward and slashed at Growth. He blocked my slash with one arm. Before he could attack back, I slashed at him with my other arm. Growth blocked that slash with his other arm.

Fox: Take this!

I made a tendril on my back and sent it towards his stomach. I managed to knock Growth back. I quickly grabbed Chemist and held her close to me. I started to surround myself in Void. I started to push my Power to its limits. I made a giant fox out of my Void, me and Chemist in the middle of it. I jumped up and slashed the forest, cutting down about half the trees down.

Chemist: Fox, please be careful. You might hit someone else nearby.

Fox: As long as I kill Growth, I don't care who I hit!

After slashing around the area, I stopped using Void, making me and Chemist land on the ground. I quickly made a pair of arms and prepared myself for anything. Me and Chemist are looking around the destroyed area of forest, looking for Growth.

Growth: My oh my. That sure was a display of power.

I heard slow clapping coming from behind me. I looked back and saw Growth standing there, with hardly any wounds on him.

Chemist and Fox: N-No way...

Growth started to walk towards me and Chemist. I tried to stand up, but I felt a large  amount of pain shoot through my body. I fell down to my knees.

Chemist: Fox!

Growth: It would appear that the Adrenaline has worn off. This match is over.

I couldn't move my body. All this pain I'm in. It feels like I'm about to pass out. Growth raised his hand and a ball of green energy formed. Chemist got in front of me and held her arms out.

Chemist: You're not going to hurt him anymore.

Growth: Don't lie, you are at your limit too. I gave you two your chance to surrender. It does tear my heart to cut such young lives short, but it is for the benefit of the world.