Natasha - Childhood Friends P3

What happened previously:

You and Natasha fought together against Thanos along with the others in the battle of Wakanda.

-

When I woke up I didn't know where I was. I only knew it was too bright so I had to close and open my eyes several times before I could make out anything.

It looked like a hospital room honestly.

I groaned when I tried to sit up. My arm hurt like hell. Only then I realized how scarred it actually was. The palm of my hand was burned and you could see the lines of my veins where the power of the stone got through, literally destroying me. I was only a normal human after all. Nothing special... Not a God or a super soldier... Just me.

Suddenly the door opened and Natasha basically stormed into the room and threw her arms around me.

"Thank God, you're awake!" She whispered into my ear.

"What happened?" I asked and tightened my grip around her a little.

It felt good to be in her arms.

"Well, you played the hero and nearly got yourself killed, idiot."

Nat let go of me but only so she could look me in the eyes.

Her thumb gently stroked my cheek.

"Never do that again... I just got you back."

I smiled slightly.

"I promise... So wait... Thanos is gone?"

"Yes. I stabbed him when he was about to kill you... But what actually killed him was Thor's axe hitting him right in the head."

Only now I realized her hair wasn't blonde anymore... Not completely. I furrowed my brows slightly as I fumbled with the tips of her hair for a second which were still blonde but the rest was red.

"How..."

"A year."

I sat up straight.

"A year?! I missed a fucking year?!"

"Shuri says the power of the stone you held and together with Thanos choking you.... It was too much for your body in that moment. And we weren't sure what effects it could've had on you to hold the stone for so long." Natasha explained.

"And you stayed here the whole time?"

"Every day, to make sure I'd be here for when you'd wake up."

She stroked my cheek again and I leaned into it a little. Her touch felt good...comforting.

"Well Shuri made it so I'd be notified the moment you'd wake up. Which is why I came in here so soon."

So we were in Wakanda... Now that I took a closer look to the room I recognized the medical section.

"I do care about you a lot. We promised each other to talk about the past but right now I only care about having you here with me and that you're alive."

Nat pressed her forehead against mine.

I knew from the past that she wasn't one to share her emotions like that... To open up. So it really touched me to have her opening up to me.

I tilted my head slightly but only so I could press my lips against hers. I just went with that sudden feeling and urge that I felt right now. Natasha kissed me back and it felt so natural like we were never apart. Like we lived our whole lives together and got closer and closer.

When we parted we stayed in that position and just smiled and even giggled every now and then. I didn't want this moment to end.

-

Weeks later:

After Shuri made sure I was going to be fine I decided to go with Nat... To live with her in the Avengers compound and to support her on the work she had to do there.

Sometimes she'd spent hours at that desk of her but never without my company. Some days we'd even just fool around.

Also we didn't hesitate to steal kisses every now and then. Nat and I were dating ever since that moment I woke up. We'd never let anything tear us apart again.

Tonight Nat sat at her desk fumbling with a pen in her hand trying to figure something out. It looked cute somehow.

I smiled the whole time when I entered the room. Placing a peanut butter sandwich on a plate in front of her I gently hugged her from behind. I bend down a little so I could rest my chin on her shoulder. I placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Maybe you should take a break and clear your head." I whispered in her ear.

"You know that's exactly what I'm thinking about. We should go somewhere, just you and me, and take a longer break from all this. I just don't know where to go.."

Nat turned her chair slightly so she could look at me better. I took the opportunity to sit down in her lap.

"It sounds like a good idea. I mean... How about we spent time in Ohio?" I suggested.

"Going back to where it all started, huh?"

"Exactly."

Nat smiled at me.

"Well, Ohio it is then."

I smiled back at her and pressed my lips on hers.

We made out for quite some time before we got into planning our trip. I couldn't wait to relive the past with her, with my best friend... The love of my life.

-

This one's just a short one. There'll be a final part soon. Hope you still liked this one.