Natasha - Vormir P2

What happened previously:

You stopped and saved Nat when she was just about to jump down the cliff to get the soul stone. Instead you found another way to achieve it. But the consequences are still unknown.

-

Natasha:

All of us returned from the Time Heist or whatever Scott called it, and the first thing all of us did was looking at each other making sure everyone was okay.

Fortunately no one was missing.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw one of (Y/N)'s portals to appear. She stepped right out of it. The soul stone in hand.

Steve was the first to notice it as well.

"(Y/N)?" He furrowed his brows in question.

"It's a long story but we got the stone." I answered for her.

She didn't even look at us, just at the stone with an expression that was... emotionless.

What did she do? What price did she pay to get the stone?

Clint and I exchanged a look. He felt it too... That whatever happened on Vormir wasn't over yet.

"Well, that's what we wanted. Let's get to work, guys!" Tony said already walking to his lab, closely followed by Bruce.

They were right but I'll definitely have a talk with my girlfriend.

While the others worked on a gauntlet to use the stones I stepped outside where (Y/N) was standing by herself, looking up at the sky.

I gently placed a hand on her shoulder from behind.

"What's going through your mind? You seem... a little off."

She sighed and closed her eyes for a second.

"We got the soul stone. Everything is fine."

"No it's not. I can tell you're hiding something."

"Nat, please... Can we at least wait until this mission is officially done.. I don't feel like talking right now. I'm just happy you're alive and well."

She looked at me and put her hands on my waist.

I'm trying to read her, gazing straight into her eyes but couldn't figure it out. But I wanted to trust her. So I nodded accepting to give her time.

We stayed silent for a while, pressing our foreheads together and enjoying each other's presence.

"You really would've jumped like that..."

"(Y/N)..."

"If I weren't there... You would've jumped while I would've waited here next to the time machine like an idiot only to find out you're dead a minute later... I.. I can't live without you, Nat. It would've destroyed me." She confessed.

It felt like my heart stopped beating for a second at this. I never intended to hurt her in any way. But in my defense... Jumping seemed like the only way to get the stone. It's what Red Skull told us. I couldn't have known that there obviously was another way.

"I'm sorry. But I'm here now." I stroked her cheek with my thumb, softly pecking her lips.

"But this isn't the only thing being on your mind, right?" I pointed out.

"No, it's not all... But a huge part of it."

Suddenly her gaze turned to something behind me.