Scarlett - Two Different Paths P1

You and Scarlett were friends even before her career but while her life went so good, yours only went further south. What happens when you and Scarlett meet after so many years?

Not again... I hissed when my old crt TV stopped working again and only showed this grey sizzling screen (you know what I mean? I don't know how to call it😅). I got up from my sofa and walked over to where the TV was, placed on a dark brown stool.

I slammed the palm of my hand down on that damn device hoping to make it work again. But it only got worse because now it turned just white and stayed like this.

After muttering something under my breath I just turned it off and flopped back down on my sofa releasing a heavy sigh. Should I try again? I just wanted to see my friend winning that damn award..

I teared up a little. We lost contact a long time ago. I don't even know how but I still wanted to know what's going on in her life and I was so proud of her being a successful actress and winning awards after awards. But of course I can't even see it now. What a shitty friend am I...

My gaze wandered through my living room which was also my bedroom. All I had to do was changing the sofa into bed mode. There wasn't much in this room apart from my TV and my sofa. There was a coffee table, an ashtray full of cigarettes on it. I also had a lamp next to my sofa just in case I wanted to read in the evening. I did like reading but only had a few books on a shelf that was on the wall. Of course there was a wardrobe as well. But I didn't have that many clothes.

I sighed. How could our life's end up so completely different from each other's? Maybe I should've finished college. But when both of my parents died in a car crash and Scarlett left because of her acting career I felt so alone I couldn't move on. I had to go through several breakdowns and whenever I thought about telling Scarlett what happened I just bottled it up and acted like everything was fine. I didn't want her to worry about me. I knew landing all the projects she did were good for her future so I didn't dare to distract her in any way. But all that at the cost of losing the one person I needed... The one person who would've been there for me... Why the hell was I so stupid?

Tears rolled down my cheeks and I let myself fall down on my side burying my face in a pillow.

After a while I decided to get up again and to go get something to eat. My fridge was empty apart from a few bottles of beer and some cheese and salami just in case I wanted to make myself a sandwich. But today wasn't sandwich day so I took my cigarettes, my wallet, my keys and a plastic bag just in case I find some empty bottles on my way to get takeout.

The sky was turning darker by any minute as the sun set more and more. I walked along the streets breathing in the cool air. One of my hands was inside the pocket of my black sweatpants holding on to my wallet in there. I felt like if I don't touch it it might vanish just like that. I don't know, it's just how paranoid I was.

In my other hand I held a cigarette taking a few pulls every now and then. I know it's not healthy but the feeling in my lungs kept me alive.

The plastic bag was tugged right between my arm and body.

When I walked like that I suddenly saw a huge billboard across the streets, my best friend being in it smiling back to me. For a second I returned that smile. But soon I only felt sad again. I missed her. I would love to see her and talk to her like we used too back in college. I wanted to tell her how proud I was. If I could just reach out to her somehow.

I puffed out some smoke as I sighed and shook my head so I wouldn't cry again. When I looked up in front of me I saw my favorite kebab shop since they had the best Lahmacun. My mouth already watered at the thought of food.