Chapter 74

Blair ran through the woods, dodging branches and the occasional snare trap

Blair ran through the woods, dodging branches and the occasional snare trap. Only one thought was on her mind, "Jason!" No response. Again. "Jason, answer me!"

She jumped over a bear trap, ducking underneath a low hanging branch before shouting out once more, "Jason!"

Finally, there was a faint response, "Blair?"

"Jason?" She called out again, stopping to hear him. "Where are you?"

"Blair!" His voice called through the trees. He was just far enough away that shouting was necessary, but close enough that she could tell exactly where his voice was coming from. "I'm over here!"

Without waiting another second, Blair took off in the direction of his voice, not stopping to look where she was running. She knew where she was for the most part, so it wasn't hard to dodge all the traps set up... at least, it wasn't hard for the most part.

In her desperation to find Jason, she had completely forgotten to keep her eyes open for traps she could miss until it was too late. On complete accident, a foolish mistake, she stepped right into a trap she herself had designed at the bright age of thirteen during her obsession with Katniss Everdeen.

"Ah, fuck." She swore, dropping to the ground as three arrows shot at her, impaling a tree nearby. "That was a lot cooler when I was a kid."

With one last look at the arrows embedded in the tree, Blair picked herself up off the ground, continuing to run through the trees. She was about to yell for Jason again, when she stumbled into a ring of trees, seeing Jason hanging upside down from a wire wrapped around his ankle. If she wasn't trying to get them out of the woods, the scene would've made her laugh.

"This vacation fucking sucks!" Jason whined, slowly spinning in the air. "I've been shot at, trapped in a fucking net, and I'm pretty sure I heard a wolf howling."

Blair tilted her head to look up at the wire, following where it led to a pulley system hidden in the branches. It was a pretty simple trap, probably the least dangerous one out there. Hell, some of the security systems Wayne Enterprises wanted to test out for government facilities were used in those woods. She was just glad she didn't find him stuck in one of those.

"Why haven't you cut yourself down yet?" She asked, remembering that he was supposedly supplied with a knife to protect himself. "Bruce said you had one of my knives."

"Uh, yeah." He waved his arms around haphazardly, causing him to spin around even more. "I did. It kinda fell out of my hand when I was slingshotted into the air."

Blair dropped to the ground, digging through leaves and dirt, searching for the knife. If she couldn't find it, she would have to figure some other way to get him down. She had some ideas, but she wasn't entirely confident enough in her abilities to give them a try.