I really can't leave you alone for five minutes...

(Heads up: this chapter contains spoilers for all of season 2 of 'Why Women Kill'!)

She heard a familiar laugh outside on the street of the studio lot and tore open the door.

„Eileen!!", she beckoned her to come over with an excited wave of her hand. When her colleague saw her, she greeted her with a beaming smile.

„Hey there, great seeing ya, kid!"

She hugged her tight. Eileen Galindo played her maid – and cousin – Isabel on the show. She had wrapped filming around two weeks ago when her character had met her untimely demise in an earlier episode, poisoned by the same woman who was scripted to stab Rita in the season finale.

„Wow, you look great! Haven't you just been released from jail and are now homeless or something?", she winked, „You're welcome, by the way."

Indeed, Lana was once again in full hair and make up of Rita Castillo, but this time, only for PR: they were scheduled to do a few interviews and promo shoots for Paramount Plus today, that's why Eileen was back at work today. Apart from that, Rita's luxurious days on camera were over, alas. Along with her styling, Lana wore a black, low-cut chiffon gown with white dots for today's press roster, it wasn't a costume, this one was hers. It was not great, but it was the closest thing she had been able to find in her closet to resembling something Rita could possibly wear.

„Come in, come in. How are you doing? We've been missing you so much!"

„Holy, sh*tballs!", Eileen exclaimed upon seeing her dressing room. Even though Lana's house was already bursting at the seams, her room here on set still seemed to get loaded with more and more gifts and flowers every day.

Lana had just done another Instagram live video giving thanks to everybody, ‚only' half an hour long this time. She cupped her face between her hands and nodded with a sigh. „I know... it's absolutely incredible, but the studio folks are getting so annoyed with me. My dressers too, slowly, but surely. And since we're wrapping soon... but anyway, let's not talk about this, let's just try to find somewhere to sit... anywhere, I know, it's tricky."

Her heart was beating with anticipation, she couldn't wait to tell her friend about Jordane. She knew she shouldn't... but she also knew she could trust Eileen, and she just needed to get the pressure off her chest somehow. She felt like she was about to burst if she didn't tell anyone about this whole situation soon, and finally someone who knew the both of them, unlike her other friends, and wasn't a youngster herself, like BK!

She took a large box containing many smaller boxes and packages from the couch and put it down on the floor, so her visitor could sit. She herself sat down on the floor in front of her.

„So how have you been? How's filming going?"

„Well, like I said, we've been missing you. I've been missing you. It's still a lot of fun, but definitely less so without you. Speaking of fun though... I gotta tell you something. And you need to promise not to tell anybody!"

Eileen gestured sealing her lips and threw away the key. „Not a single soul."

„Something happened, last week. I began an affair... with Jordane."

Eileen blinked a few times. „Jordane... which Jordane? OUR Jordane? Jordane Vern, Jordane?"

She nodded slowly, not being able to suppress the dreamy smile creeping up her lips upon hearing his name though.

„You must be fucking kidding me?! I really cannot leave you alone for five minutes, can I? Without you doing anything stupid."

„It's not stupid! Or... is it?"