First time, watching your girlfriend's sex scene?

It should suffice to say that that slit in her dress ended up coming in quite handy during the car ride... literally.

On their way home, they also made sure to stop at an In-N-Out drive-thru to get her that burger she was craving, and she didn't even wait to eat it until they were home. In her fancy premiere gown and with that satisfied glow on her cheeks stemming from their little make out sesh before, she was munching on her prey while he held her in his arms, admiring that abundance and at the same time complete lack of elegance and grace of hers with an amused but proud smile.

This was his girl, and every day anew she proved to him that she was someone very special. And one day... one fine day, they would be going to a premiere and walk the red – or in their case today green – carpet together hand in hand, able to finally show the world how hopelessly in love with each other they were.

The curious thing about premieres during a global pandemic, though, was that they had actually been walking that carpet into nowhere. They had posed for pictures, given interviews... and then they had gone home. They hadn't actually watched the show that was premiering on the Paramount+ streaming service today with the first two episodes. For this, they would all gather at Lana's place tomorrow, and they couldn't wait to finally see the finished product, the result of their hard work. It was especially exciting for Lana and Jordane because they barely knew any of the scenes of their significant other, except for those few that they had done together, of course.

"Babe?", she yelled from the living room, "How's the popcorn coming along?"

"Splendidly! It's almost done."

She heard some promising sounds from the kitchen, then he walked in carrying two bowls full of popcorn, one caramelized, the other spicy buffalo.

"Did you chill the drinks?"

"You already asked me that, twice, and the answer is still yes", he smiled and gave her a gentle kiss as he passed her, "Relax! It's going to be absolutely perfect."

He put down the bowls on the table, decorated with a few of her self-planted dahlias from her garden that she was so proud of, where the rest of the food was already spread out: some seafood loaded nachos inspired by Rita Castillo's hometown Galveston in Texas, cute cupcakes decorated like roses with red buttercream frosting, some salad for the optics as well as the popcorn, chips, nuts and M&Ms. Along with the food they would enjoy a champagne based cocktail that a friend of hers and mixology enthusiast had created and taught her specially for the occasion as well as wine – that they'd drink from teacups, of course!

"Are you sure?", she looked around the room, completely lost, "I can't shake the feeling that something is missing."

"Well, all I can tell you is that when it's my turn to host in a few weeks, I'll simply order pizza... or make it a potluck, even. I'm serious, babe", he opened his arms and gave her a gentle squeeze, "This is the fanciest, most impressive movie night I've ever seen anybody host."

"It better be! I'm Rita Castillo, after all. So I need to set the bar high enough such that none of the others would even dare try to beat me when it's their turn!"

She proudly lifted up her chin and instantly looked and sounded like her character who they would finally meet again tonight. "Alright then, if we're done here, I'll head upstairs and get ready. Would you be a sweetheart and take the dogs for a walk while I hop in the shower?"

He sighed theatrically. "I'd rather take you for a walk under the shower, but I guess in this case the dogs take precedence", he gave her a smack on the lips and a slap on the butt and whistled while he was reaching for the leashes.