We DID need more than five minutes...

„She really is sorry, you know?", he whispered, holding her tight.

„I know", she sniffed, reached for a tissue and blew her nose, „She did sound genuine. I just... I really hope it's not just because my pelvis turned out more fertile than she would have thought and in the end I may actually end up giving her a grandchild, and all of a sudden that makes me good enough for her. And for you..."

He nodded. „I understand that it may look this way, but it's not, I swear! I had some good conversations with her while we were down at Laguna Beach for... well, for your birthday. She saw how I was feeling about losing you, and what you mean to me. She already told me then that she had treated you unfairly and was regretting it. And that was before she knew about the baby", he blew a soft kiss into her neck and added, „I really hope that the two of you will get along. You're similar in many ways, you know? And not at all in others, but... anyway, you're the two most important women in my life, so..."

Eventually, she reciprocated his warm smile as her tears had dried. „Actually, speaking of important women in our lives... you remember Cabo? Are you still down for it?"

He had initially been booked to join her, her mother and her sister with her two boys on a family trip to Mexico this weekend.

„Right! Oh, uhm... I don't know, I mean if you guys will have me, of course, I'd love to come! Meet the rest of your family."

„Great! Of course we want to have you, you're part of the family now!", she beamed at him and reached for her phone, „My sister will probably kill me because that means I will need to change my reservation a third time, but", she chuckled, „I'm a complicated person, what else is new?"

„Are you sure you can handle a trip to Mexico without being able to drink Tequila shots and Margaritas though, that's the real question..."

„And it's a very good question, but see, that's exactly why I need you there! How else am I gonna survive my family for that long? Also, I was thinking... maybe we can tell my mom, my sister and nephews then? That I'm pregnant? I mean... those two are kind of related. I don't think I can go dry for long without pesky questions popping up."

„Well, I don't know your sister yet, or your nephews, but if they're anything like you or your mom, I'd say you're probably right."

She chuckled. „Oh, you're in for a treat then. And my nephews will ADORE you, I'm sure, especially Sammy, the older one! I mean, you're closer in age to him than you are to me, as shocking as that sounds. And maybe you can teach him a thing or two about being a responsible man and adult, sometimes he's still struggling with that a little", she pushed a button on her phone and held it to her ear.

„Hello?", she heard her sisters voice, and just from the sound of it she gathered that she must be in the car right now, driving.

„Hey Deena! Is now a good time to talk?"

„Depends for what, if you can make it quick?"

„Sure! It's about Cabo..."

„Nooo, Lana, come on, what is it this time? So you DO want to come in the end?"

„I do, actually. Together with Jordane."

Her sister sighed so loudly that was clearly audible on her end of the line. „So you're back together then?"

„We are, yes."

„Well, that's great, but... first you tell me to remove your plus one and switch your reservation to a single room, then you ask me to cancel your reservation altogether because you don't want to come at all, and now all of a sudden it's the two of you again?"