How did you conquer Lana Parrilla?

„Alright", she said, more to herself than him, as she added the finishing touches to his face, „There you go! Good as new!"

He turned around to check on her work in the mirror. Somehow he felt like he could still see the by now rather greenish shades of the bruises around his left eye shine through the heavy make up she had applied on him. Maybe because he knew they were there?

„I don't know... Are you sure?"

She nodded. „I am. No one will notice, I promise! Besides, why shouldn't they know? You were outnumbered by a group of drunk assholes while defending your friends and yourself. You're a hero! No need to be ashamed of your scars and bruises, you hear me?"

„If you say so..."

„But aside from what you look like, how do you feel? How's the head? The ribs?"

He smiled. „I'm alright. I'm good! It barely hurts. I'm just looking forward to seeing everyone again."

„Me too! And how about... do you like my dress?"

She twirled in front of him, wearing a white silk dress adorned with large and colorful flower prints and hems in blue and red. The long-sleeve, knee-length design displayed elements of traditional garments from East Asia... China, or Japan. He wasn't an expert. All he knew was, she looked breathtakingly beautiful, as always.

„I do! You look amazing, baby."

„Are you sure? Is it my style? Isn't it a bit much going on in the dress?"

„No! You're Rita Castillo! There is no such thing as ‚too much' with Rita."

Her lips curled up into a broad smile as she wrapped her arms around his neck. „You're damn right!", she whispered against his lips, just before kissing him.

They had agreed on taking his car and him being the designated driver for the day, so she could enjoy a drink or two. He'd rather stick to water and soda anyway, with all the medication he still had to take. The cocktail brunch would take place in a Hollywood villa with a large garden and pool that Paramount Plus had rented for the occasion, it would finally be the wrap party they hadn't been able to have when they completed filming last month. By now though, all of them were fully vaxxed and it was deemed safe to meet and celebrate, without masks or social distancing. Life was slowly but surely getting back to normal, or so it seemed. Hallelujah!

When he had parked the car, he gentlemanly opened the door for her and helped her out, and he didn't let go of her hand anymore. The beaming smile on his face made her heart sing, she knew exactly how he felt. Both of them had been excited for days if not weeks for this event – their colleagues knew about their relationship, and there wouldn't be any strangers or press present they'd need to hide from. They could feel free around each other and completely be themselves. Finally! She gave his hand a gentle squeeze before asking: „Ready?"

„Born ready!", he replied.

When they entered the party, hand in hand, they were instantly greeted by a massive wave of cheers and hugs. Eileen was there first, pulling Lana into a tight embrace, while Jordane was snatched by his on-screen wife BK. She hugged him so tight that for a moment there he was worried about his healing ribs.

Eileen squeaked: „Oh my God, now look at you two!! Aren't you just the absolute cutest?"

BK nodded, asking: „So you're still together then? That's amazing! Why didn't you tell me??"

She gave Jordane a gentle slap on the shoulder, he just smiled, a bit shy. „I'm sorry! Things were a bit crazy lately."

One after the other, their former colleagues greeted them and congratulated them on their relationship. It felt a bit weird, but they took it gladly, they were just too happy and in love to be modest. Marc Cherry, their show's creator and the man in charge who had cast them both, admitted with a soft smile: „You know, sometimes before I start filming with a new cast, I allow myself to wonder whether there'd be any love affairs among them – and between whom – or actual relationships, even, that'll outlast the project itself. Quite often... surprisingly often I'm right, actually. But, you two? I couldn't have imagined in a million years, even though you work so well together in front of the camera."