Do you have children, Lana?

„... and then, I open the door – but it's not the Uber driver, it's Lana!", said Donovan, chuckling and grinning from ear to ear, as they were eventually all sitting down and eating at a long table in the Christie's backyard, „And she's wearing..."

„Yeah, it's okay, buddy", Jordane interrupted his brother, protectively putting his hand on Lana's, „I don't think that's the kind of story mom and dad will want to hear. Or the kids present... alright? Just let it go."

„Well", Donovan sighed, turning back to the burger on his plate, „if you want to be a buzzkill, be my guest. You kind of used to be more fun when you were still single..."

„Oh, by the way", said his mother, „Lana and us were chatting in the kitchen and I remembered that she used to be in that sex show you used to love watching when you were in high school, remember? ‚Swingtown'."

„It wasn't a sex show, mom!", Jordane blushed and was visibly uncomfortable, holding Lana's hand tighter and tighter, „That's what everybody thought, but there was actually very little intimacy to be seen."

„It's true", Lana had finally mustered up the courage to get involved in the conversation, „It's a great show, actually, I can recommend it. I'd even go so far and call it a story of feminism and emancipation", then she turned to her boyfriend, „Did you really watch it as a kid? Or, I mean... when you were younger?"

He swallowed and nodded. „I did."

„You never told me?"

„To be honest, I didn't make the connection until just fairly recently. I wasn't aware that you were in it. I mean, it was a long time ago, and I... I kinda forgot about it. I'm sorry!"

She smiled and shook her head. „Oh no, don't be! That's not how I meant it, I was just... surprised. Because, I mean, you were young indeed."

„That husband of yours though, in that show", Jordane's mother even gave a short whistle of approval, „He was quite sexy, if I may say so! The two of you really made a great couple."

Lana turned her head to look at her, then put on her most innocent smile and couldn't resist making the comment: „We were great together, weren't we? You know, Grant... Grant Show, the actor who played my husband, he was cast before me, he's actually a really good friend of mine. And he was absolutely certain that I wouldn't get the part because I'm fifteen years younger than him. We thought an age difference of fifteen years would just be too much to be believable. But I guess... we were wrong! In the end, it worked out perfectly."

From the corner of her eye she could see how Jordane was desperately trying to suppress a smirk as he was reaching for her hand once more, interlocking his fingers with hers in a gentle, loving gesture.

„Right", said his mother, reciprocating her smile, „I guess so. Actually, in the end, isn't she pregnant, your character?"

She nodded. „Indeed, that's how it ends."

„But she's not sure she wants to have the child, right?"

„That's right! A child, or a family in general, just didn't fit the lifestyle and the expectations from their relationship that they had as a couple. The show ends with her researching what it means to care for a child and to be a mother because she wants to make sure they take the right decision, very consciously. I actually find that a very important message! Even though I would have loved getting to work on that show for a little longer than just one season, and even though it kind of ended on a cliffhanger for Trina, my character, I'm still very pleased with the way it ended and what it meant."

Jordane's father nodded. „Indeed, many women or couples nowadays underestimate the sacrifices that having and serving a family requires. Do you have children, Lana?"