Left or right?

[A/N: a few days ago I accidentally updated this story with a wrong chapter, so sorry for the confusion! Now, it's the real one 😊]

------------------------------

"Alright", Trish yelled from the backseat, looking at her phone screen, "There's two flights still leaving LAX for Atlanta tonight, one's an American Airlines flight at 7:50, the other is Delta at 8:10."

"Pretty close together...", said Antoinette as she was looking ahead at the freeway, driving.

Lana was in the passenger's seat, Bex had said goodbye to them before and taken an Uber home from Jordane's house. Eventually, even her level of energy had run out, plus she had a toddler waiting for her at home.

"Do you have any idea which flight he might be booked on?", asked Trish.

"How would I??"

"Then how do you know which flight to buy a ticket for?"

"It doesn't matter, Trish... I'll just get a ticket for both. I'd book the entire plane if I have to."

"That's very noble of you, the problem is, though", said Antoinette, "American and Delta are completely different terminals. You can start looking for him at the departure gate for the 7:50 American flight, but if he's not there... it will be too late to run over all the way to Delta. And if you start with Delta..."

"... it's the other way around", said Lana and sighed, "So I guess... I'll have to take a guess."

"You really have no idea which one is more likely?"

"I don't know! I mean... when we flew to Atlanta together a few weeks ago, we took a Delta flight. But that doesn't necessarily have to mean anything."

"It's a start, at least?"

"Yeah... I think I'll just... let my spirits guide me. Somehow..."

Finally, they had reached the parking lot of LAX and were walk-running towards the departure hall. It was just after seven o'clock. She needed to hurry if she wanted to catch him before he boarded either of those flights! If he hadn't left already on a completely different one that was already up in the air, and she had missed her chance...

"If you find him", asked Antoinette, already out of breath, "what are you going to tell him?"

An excellent question! So far she had been so busy trying to figure out how to get a hold of him that she hadn't even had the time to think about what she might do or say to him, IF she actually managed to talk to him, to look him in the eyes.

"I don't know", she replied and realized how little she was really sure of at this point, "But I know that I will not tell him about the baby. Not yet."

"What??", said Antoinette, frowning, "Why the hell not? That's the whole point?"

"No, it's not! Well, not now, at least. I don't want this to be the reason... I want to ask him to take me back, to forgive me... I want to tell him that I made a terrible mistake, that I'm sorry, that I love him... and that I want to be with him, if he can forgive me. I want him to come back to me because he wants ME, because he loves ME! Not because of our baby, and out of obligation to his child. I will tell him once he has made his choice. Whatever it will be, either way..."

"I see. Well, that makes sense, I guess."

"Hey, ladies", said the woman behind the counter of one of the travel agencies set up in the departure hall, "What can I do for you today?"

"I need two tickets to Atlanta, for tonight", said Lana, by now out of breath as well.

"Atlanta, tonight?", the woman repeated and started typing into her computer, "If you hurry, there are still two options to..."