What breaks the camel's back?

„Hello, darling", Virginia was beaming with joy as she hugged her, „Oh my God, look at you, you look amazing, you're glowing!"

Lana was flattered by her compliment and even blushed a little. „Oh well, you know what they say... lots of water and sleep. Sorry, I'm late, guys!"

„No worries at all, I basically just sat down myself", said Eileen Galindo who also greeted her former colleague and friend with a hug.

And Veronica Falcón added: „I would not expect anything other from Rita Castillo than a fashionably late grand entrance... through the front door, obviously."

After all the ladies had greeted each other they sat back down to enjoy their lunch and the reunion of the „Elysian Park Garden Club"... & Friends. They had seen each other quite regularly since they had stopped filming and kept in touch, they would usually watch the week's latest episode together on Thursdays in different constellations, whoever was available to join, each time at someone else's place, just like they had watched the premiere episodes at Lana's a month ago. She was incredibly grateful that they all managed to stay so close. In this town, so often one would simply promise to keep in touch, only to never reach out ever again and go back to being strangers. That phoniness was one of the things she despised the most about her business.

They instantly started chatting all through and over each other like old times and their waiter had to come and interrupt them three times until they finally managed to focus on checking the menu and placing their order. After the kind of weekend she had had, this girl's lunch back home in LA felt like a sweet breath of fresh air to her that was reviving her spirits.

Eventually, when they were on their second round of Bloody Marys and their food had been served, BK looked over at Lana with a smirk. „So... how's it going with our favorite cast couple? Virginia was right earlier, you are glowing indeed! Being in love becomes you!"

Lana just smiled. She knew that BK and Jordane had become close friends, and were often talking on the phone or even hanging out every once in a while. Her young colleague was very likely quite informed about every detail of their relationship, and from the looks of it, her eyes sparkling with excitement, she already was their biggest fan and #jordana shipper.

„So, is it true?", asked Allison Tolman, „You're still with Jordane? Like... for real?"

„Yes, I am. For real. It's been", she counted back, „three months now. Or two... depends on what you want to define as the start of our relationship, but... yeah! We're together, we're happy, and it's pretty serious."

„That's fantastic! Congratulations to you two!"

Everyone at the table smiled and nodded in agreement.

„Actually", Lana put her knife and fork down on her plate to reach for her cocktail, „We decided that we want to make our relationship official soon. Julie, my publicist, and I are currently working with him on a statement."

„Really??", Eileen couldn't believe it, she knew this was a big step for her friend, „That's awesome!"

„I don't know, cariña", said Veronica, doubtful, „Are you sure that's a good idea?"

„Why not? It's just, you know, we've been out and about at a few events lately and we constantly had to make sure that we weren't in the background of some picture or video, kissing or making out, that would then end up all over Instagram. We even had to track down a stranger once and almost force her to delete one of the videos she had taken. It felt so awkward, as if we had been caught doing something illegal! I don't want that anymore. I want the world to see that he's mine and I'm his. I'm so proud of us, and there's no need to hide what we have. And most of all, it's my birthday next week, and I know he'll want to celebrate it properly and maybe even post a thing or two, publicly. I don't want to keep him from it. And", she sighed, „I know how hard this is because I had to seriously rein myself in when it was his birthday last month."