So your idea of a romantic getaway is Disneyland?

„Are we there soon?"

„Almost."

„Just saying, being blindfolded like that in the car is making me kind of nauseous... just in case you don't want me to throw up on your dashboard."

He smiled at her. She looked so cute, her eyes covered by her favorite bandana from her Keep It Regal Boutique.

„I know. I'm sorry! But we don't want to ruin the surprise... We're almost there, promise!"

Today, he was taking her somewhere special. A place that was very near and dear to him, one of his fondest childhood memories, and he just hoped that she loved it as much as he did. Right now, in between family visits, meeting her mother and aunt, doing tons of press and PR for their show and the big gala premiere next week, they were able to reserve this one day for each other, and he was determined to make it special and unfortgettable.

He steered his car onto the massive parking lot and eventually helped her get out and led her to the entrance – still blindfolded. He wanted to make sure the first impression was absolutely perfect, even if he could feel that her patience was running low by now. It was okay. He'd make it up to her with some extra cuddles later...

Carefully she was setting one foot in front of the other while she desperately tried to figure out where the hell he had brought her. Around her, she heard a lot of voices talking back and forth and over each other, laughter, music in the distance and kids screaming with excitement, but she couldn't really make out what they were saying because her dear boyfriend was humming in her ear to drown out as much of the background noise as possible, bless his heart, so there was really no way of telling were they were and what he had planned for the day until they finally stopped.

She felt his warm breath on her face and could smell his aftershave that she loved so much on him as he was putting something on her head, a headband or something.

„Alright... Are you ready?"

„More than ready!"

„Okay, then... one... two... three!"

He took the bandana off her eyes, she had to blink a few times to get her eyes re-accustomed to the light, by now she had been blindfolded for over an hour, after all. Then her eyes widened as she recognized familiar shapes and characters and saw masses of people flock to the entrance to the ‚Happiest Place on Earth'.

„Oh my God, we're at Disneyland??", she turned her head to look at him and had to snort with laughter when she saw the fancy, sparkly pair of Minnie ears that he was wearing with a certain pride, blue and red with a yellow bow. „Alright, so you are Snow White? And I'd wager that makes me...", she took off the pair of ears that he had put on her, and indeed – they were a dark shade of purple on the one side, featuring the poisoned apple on the other side with some black lace and a little golden crown in the center.

„Do you like it?", he asked carefully, „If you're not into Disneyland, we can go and do something else."

„So, let me just get this straight: your idea of the perfect, romantic weekend getaway is Disneyland?"

He shrugged and scratched his neck, somewhat uncomfortably by now. „Uhm... yeah?"

Instantly, she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight.

„Mine too", she whispered, „Thank you... I love it, baby! Oh my God, this is so cool and sweet! I love Disneyland! I used to come here all the time with my family, but I haven't been in years!"

„Well, it has been closed since the start of the pandemic until recently, so I haven't been in a while either."

She looked at him, her eyes glowing as if she was eight years old again: „Alright then, come on, hurry, we have to get on Splash Mountain!"