Would you be open to try something new with me?

He sat up, frustrated, defeated and helpless and buried his face in his hands. „I'm so sorry, baby, I don't know what's wrong... really!"

She stopped him right away by shaking her head and gently cupping his face to force him to look at her. „Shhh! Don't worry, alright? Please! Don't talk like that. It's totally okay, I'm serious. It happens! It's been an exciting, but also exhausting day, both physically and mentally. Please don't beat yourself up about it, babe, I beg you! That'll only make you feel even worse. We'll just cuddle, huh?"

However she had intended to make him feel better, it wasn't working all too well. „Oh God... I'm so sorry, I... it's not you! Absolutely not, you are so sexy and beautiful, you turn me on so much, I just... I have no idea..."

She had to suppress a laugh, even though he was embarrassed and absolutely mortified, that much was clear, he was still so sweet. „Oh, I know it's not me, trust me, I know I'm hot, but thanks for pointing it out. But for real though, it's alright, babe. Please don't worry. Stop thinking about it. Come, let's take a bit of fresh air!"

She took his hand, got up and pulled him off the bed with her, then led him outside onto their patio from where they could see the reflection of a million shining stars on the calm ocean water. Without bothering to cover herself, she started to draw a bath in the jacuzzi, then climbed in, looking up to him with a beaming smile.

„Come on, what are you waiting for? Let's enjoy one of the perks of this villa... How often do we get to be in a private jacuzzi with a sea view?"

Finally, he had to smile and shake his head. She did know how to distract him after all.

„Oh! But while you're still up", she added, „Do you think it's too soon to pop that complimentary bottle of champagne?"

Now he laughed. „Absolutely not! After a day like that, we deserve it."

„We SO deserve it!"

He went back inside to emerge again with two glasses and the precious bubbly drink, then joined her in the tub. He opened the bottle, filled up their glasses and handed one to her so they could say cheers.

With a smile she declared: „To us, and to the power we hold. Together! And to a few beautiful and wonderful days here in paradise.""
„Amen to that!"

They drank and they kissed, then he pulled her into his arms to savor her closeness and the gorgeous view.

Eventually, after they'd stopped the bubbles and enjoyed the soothing sound of the ocean waves for a while, he said quietly: „It was a confusing day for sure, but... I don't think that's the main reason for my... slack down there. Or at least not the only reason."

„What do you mean?"

„If I'm being honest... I'm scared."

She turned her head and looked at him, worried. „Scared of what?"

„It might sound really stupid and I don't mean this in a negative way..."

„Babe, you can tell me everything, you know that? You can be honest and completely open with me."

„I know. It's just... the last time we were together... at your place, when I came over in the middle of the night..."

„Yes, I remember. Vividly. What about it?"

„It's not that I didn't like it, absolutely not! But it felt... so different. Distant. It satisfied me, but it also made me sad somehow. And, I don't know. I'm just afraid it would be like that again. I don't want it to be like that, not with you. It's not supposed to be like that with you. I don't know if that makes any sense."