Ma'am, can you breathe?

"Wait, what... hey... HEY!!"

He could catch her just in time before she could hit the floor and get seriously hurt. A few others were likewise gasping in shock. As he was laying her down on the floor as gently as possible, the security guard asked: "What the hell happened??"

"I don't know, man! Yes, we had an argument, but then she just collapsed, you saw it yourself!"

They both knelt down next to her, she was still out cold.

"HEY!", the security guard yelled, "We need a doctor over here!", then he called the paramedics via some sort of mini walkie-talkie.

A few others repeated his call for medical support until Donovan Sr. and his wife came running. Jordane briefly looked up and turned around when his parents jumped up and he could see a group of people huddling a bit further away. It wasn't that unusual for him that his parents were called for first aid medical support, it happened every now and then, they were doctors after all, and through the years he had learned that the best he could do in those situations, as little as he knew about medicine himself, was to stay out of their way and not block the paramedics. So he briefly said a prayer for the poor person in need of his parents' help right now and turned back to his phone.

"What happened?", asked his father as he had reached them and saw his son, "Donovan??"

"I... I'm so sorry, I didn't know... I didn't think..."

"What... Is that... Lana?", his mother gasped.

"Donovan, you need to tell us exactly what happened", his father asked as he did a first check of her vitals to get a first impression of the state she was in, as Lana slowly started waking up, "First, let's take the mask off her, she needs to breathe properly."

"She just collapsed! She was here looking for Jordane and I tried to keep her from it, then she started coughing and fainted. I'm so sorry, I don't know what I did, but it's all my fault..."

Immediately, her eyes broke wide open in panic and she started gasping for air again.

"Wait... she has asthma, doesn't she?", said Jacqueline, remembering something Jordane had told them once, "Donovan, check her purse, there should be an inhaler in there!"

He did as he was asked to do, quickly found it and handed it to his mother.

"We need to sit her up to open up her airways, but careful!", said his father, "Her blood pressure is still really low."

While he was helping her sit up, Jacqueline helped her inhale a few puffs.

"Shhhh! Try to calm down, it's okay. Steady breathing... You're gonna be okay!"

Lana nodded, but did not manage to follow her instructions.

"Donovan", said his mother, "Get your brother, please... hurry!"

He got up and ran, just when Jordane checked the time and got up, picked up his backpack and looked out for the rest of his family. They needed to board now as they were slowly starting to close the gate. He frowned when he saw Donovan running towards him waving his arms. Finally, he took off his headphones.

"What's up, what's happening over there?"

"You need to come, man, they need you...", he replied, out of breath and still in shock.

"What... me?!", he pointed at himself in disbelief.

He nodded. "It's Lana."

"WHAT??!"

All of a sudden he had a million questions, first and foremost why she was here, but none of that mattered now. He immediately dropped his bag and ran over to where the paramedics were finally arriving with the necessary equipment. No one and nothing else existed anymore for him in this moment.