Do you know what you've done to me?

Author's note: I had the idea for this scene quite a while ago already, but I was never sure whether I should really write it. First of all: Lana's ex husband is of course a real person and he's not a celebrity, so while a real person fic about a celebrity can already be seen as ethically challenging, involving "private" people too much in such a story is even more difficult.

Second, most parts of this story – the love story between Lana and Jordane – are of course completely fictional and obviously made up, while whatever history, pain and heartbreak there is between Lana and Fred might actually be very real.

I want to emphasize at this point that I of course know neither him nor her personally, and I have absolutely no idea which parts of how I describe their history are true, if any at all! For all I know, Fred can be the nicest, sweetest, most caring guy on the planet and might have had absolutely no fault in that marriage ending whatsoever. On the other hand, I'm of course a Lana fan, so I'm naturally #teamlana.

Bottomline, all I'm saying is that I'm very well aware how sensitive this topic is, and this conversation wasn't easy to write, in the end though I still decided to post it, simply for dramatic purposes and to add another dimension and a bit of backstory. I hope none of my readers feel offended by this. If you might be, I invite you to simply skip this chapter, it is not central to the rest of the story.

---------------------------------

„What the fuck are you doing here??"

„Lana, you're drunk!"

„And you're annoying!", she reached for Jordane and pulled him away from her ex husband as if otherwise he might catch some terrible disease, then she repeated her question, „What are you doing here?"

He shrugged. „I'm in town for business and until just now I've been enjoying the party, just like you... a little too much."

„Who even let you into the country?? We're in a global pandemic!"

„Guess what, we have vaccines in Canada too."

„And who invited you?"

„Believe it or not, we still have mutual friends."

Her eyes widened in disbelief. „Who??"

Fred sighed and lifted his hands to calm her down. He looked around, quite a crowd of people had already gathered around them, watching and listening to their awkward conversation part in shock, part in amusement.

„Hey, if you want to continue interrogating me, be my guest, but can we take this somewhere a bit more quiet, perhaps?"

She grabbed his arm and almost violently pulled him with her, she was turning sober again in record breaking speed, but still hadn't completely regained control over all of her motor functions.

„You wait here, I'll be right back!", she yelled at her boyfriend looking over her shoulder.

Jordane didn't know what to do with himself, he felt completely helpless and confused. That... this was Fred? Her famous... or maybe rather infamous ex husband? The one who had broken Lana's heart? He felt a suffocating anger inside him, and most of all he didn't understand where they were going and what was happening. What the hell was there still to discuss between them? As far as he had always understood, there was nothing more to say between the former couple.

„Come, come, darling", said Lana's drag queen friend and gently put a hand on his shoulder, „Let's sit down over there and wait until she's back. It can't be long."

Meanwhile, Lana had pulled Fred off the roof of the hotel, where the party was going down, and into one of the quiet areas on the top floor three corners away.