I do!

In the end they could but play along. Bex and Sean sat the couple down on two chairs in front the altar where Trish was smiling down at them. All the guests were so happy, she didn't dare to call this off. But most importantly, one look at Jordane told her that while he might not be thrilled about this unexpected public exposure, he was at least okay with it. And he surely didn't want to make a bad first impression in front of her friends and be known henceforth as a party pooper.

If only they hadn't had that stupid fight just before that still made them feel somewhat uneasy with each other... so much was still left unsaid.

When the applause stopped and the audience had sat down again, Trish began: „Lana... Jordane. First of all, I'm very, very happy to finally meet you, I've heard so much about you."

He blushed, but couldn't hide a cheeky proud smile at the thought that apparently Lana had been boasting about him in front of her girlfriends.

„And welcome everyone to this surprise commitment ceremony we're throwing this breathtakingly beautiful and adorable couple, whether they want it or not. Lana, we all love you and know you so well... And if there's one thing we've all realized is that you care deeply about this young, handsome man right here. We, your friends, can tell by the way you smile when speaking of him, by the sound of your voice, by the way your eyes light up and sparkle each time you even say or hear his name. And we know that you haven't felt like this in a really long time. You're happy! You make her so happy, Jordane, I'm not sure if she has the courage to tell you this, but in case not, know that it's true. Happier than she has been in a while. You brought something back into her life, you awakened something inside her that she had been missing for so long."

Instinctively she turned away from Trish as she was speaking and started looking at her man instead, as did he. Their eyes found each other and when they had, they didn't let go. A slight smile appeared on her lips as she reached out for his hand to hold him tight, listening to Trish's beautiful words. Each one of them, the truth. She didn't want to hide it from him anymore, and she could see in the way he looked at her, that he knew.

When she felt tears welling up in her eyes, she got up from her chair and went to sit on his lap, he instantly wrapped his arms around her and hugged her, holding her, rocking her gently. Trish had to stop her speech for a brief moment, taken by the sweetness and intimacy of that unexpected gesture, while the other guests were ‚oooohing' and ‚awwwwing'. Lana didn't care, she was barely aware at this point that they had an audience at all. He stroked her hair and looked her deep in the eyes before kissing her, and she instantly kissed him back. They already had gone too long without kissing each other.

Trish pressed her hand to her heart – she seriously couldn't remember ever seeing her friend so smitten with a man before. Certainly, she was a woman who wore her heart on her sleeve and didn't shy away from feeling her emotions to the fullest and displaying her affections, also quite publicly. But still... like this?

They all watched the kissing couple in awe, but eventually, she cleared her throat. „Ex... Excuse me? Can I... Can we continue? Hey, you guys? Sorry, but... we're not there yet. Just a few more minutes, I promise!"

They both had to chuckle, slightly embarrassed, when they finally parted. She gave him a gentle poke on the nose with hers, then rested her forehead against his, keeping her eyes closed, enjoying the closeness, focusing on all the sensations around and the feelings inside her.

„Go on", she said with a sigh, and Trish resumed, hoping they were somehow still listening to her.

Eventually she asked them to get up, and they rose from their chairs.

„Please, take each others' hands and look at each other. Which... you're already doing anyway."

They stood face to face, holding hands, smiling. Not a fear or worry in the world for her whenever she could just look into those eyes. Their silly fight from earlier completely forgotten by now. Not worth clouding her mind any longer. She was completely calm.