Do you still love him? Do you want him back?

[A/N: Another chapter today because it's Sunday... And because I won't be able to write & post much next week. Hope you still like it 🙏]

----------------------------------

Like some twisted version of the OG ‚Sex and the City' quartet, they sat in the waiting room of Bex' OB-GYN first thing Monday morning – the pregnant redhead, the emotionally unstable brunette, the one who lost her hair due to chemo and the sassy blonde with a heart of gold.

Luckily this practice was quite exclusive, so they were the only ones here.

„Miss Parrilla? Dr. Kim will see you now", said the receptionist with a welcoming smile.

„Alright, here we go...", she took a deep breath and looked around at her friends, „Will you be coming with me?"

„It may get a bit crowded if all three of us go in there with you, don't your think?", said Antoinette.

„I can join you if you like", said Bex, after all, this was her doctor and she had just gone through this entire process herself.

She nodded. „I'd like that."

„Alright then", Bex held her hand as they were walking into the doctor's office, „Don't be scared, huh? It's all going to be alright. With Dr. Kim you'll be in the best hands, I promise."

The doctor, an elderly woman with Korean ancestry, greeted them with a friendly and confident smile. „Good morning, Ms Mader, good to see you again! How are you doing, how's the little girl?"

„We're doing splendidly, thank you!"

„And you must be Ms Parrilla? It's so nice to meet you! Please have a seat!"

„Thank you! Yes, I am. It's really nice to meet you too."

Bex had to smile because all of a sudden her friend seemed to be shy like on her first day of school.

„Well then", the doctor folded her hands and placed them on the notebook in front of her, „I understand we're here to talk about you today, Ms Parrilla?"

„That's right, and thanks again for seeing me on such short notice. I, uhm, I'm here because I think I'm... pregnant."

It still cost her a certain amount of effort saying those words out loud. And to a grown up this time, not a toddler. She almost felt like an imposter talking about topics that are none of her business. Pregnancy was reserved for others, not for her.

„She is", said Bex.

„I beg your pardon?", Dr. Kim looked at her.

„She doesn't just think she is, she IS pregnant."

„So I assume you have done a test?"

„Four!", said Bex smiling her most polite smile, „She has done four tests. All positive, of course. So we came here so that you can please confirm the pregnancy once and for all because... we're out of tests now."

„Thank you", said Lana, „But I can speak for myself, thank you very much!"

„But you have to promise me to be honest with the doctor!"

„Yes, mom, I will!"

Dr. Kim chuckled, but also wanted to regain the attention of the two women since she didn't have all day either. „Alright, and have you been experiencing any pregnancy symptoms? And if so, since when?"

„Yes, pretty much all the classics... nausea, tiredness, dizziness, sore breasts..."

„... mood swings", added Bex, „Don't forget the mood swings!"